On The Track's

AUTHORS NOTE !!!
Ok, so before you read this chapter,   I just want to let everybody know that In the chapter,  there are some song lyrics which are in bold and in between the lyrics, there is what's happening in the story, and that will just be in standard text. Anyway, enjoy!!! The song is attached to the book so go check the song out as well :)Xx

 Anyway, enjoy!!! The song is attached to the book so go check the song out as well :)Xx

I read the text over and over while chugging down a stiff glass of my most robust liquor. I'm not going to lie, but the slight burning of the drink running down my throat eased the pain ever so slightly, but to my brain, it was not enough.

I was trying my best to hold back the tears that were threatening their way out, but every so often, my mouth tastes the saltiness of the rogue tears that manage to run free.

I pull myself together by swiftly skulling down one last glass of liquor as my brain focuses on the burning in my throat. I carry on and place the last of my letters in their designated envelops there were four letters to be the exact one that's for both my mum and dad, the second one for my grandmother, the third for my nephew carter, and the lucky last was for my now ex-best friend.

As I glimpse at the messy handwriting that reads my ex-best friend's name, I can't help but recap our end of friendship conversation.

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
*FLASHBACK*

..."Lana, your such a fuck up. "

Lana:" Marley, I didn't mean to lose my job. I was late because of the bus. "

Marley:" yes, and if you weren't such a fucking idiot and got your license two years ago instead of sitting on your fat lazy ass, you wouldn't be in this situation."

A tear rolled its way down Lana's cheek as she tried to figure out what to say next
Lana:" I understand, and I have my driving test in a month, and then I won't need to catch the bus anymore, and you won't need to drive me anymore. "

Marley chucks a vase, and it lands at Lana's feet. The shattering of the glass causes Lana to quiver in fear

Marley:" That's not the fucking point, Lana. The fact is I put my reputation on the line for you, and what do I get in return? I get you rubbing my reputation in a pile of shit."

Lana:" I'm sorry, please, I will make it up to you. "

Marley:" Lana, I'm sorry, but I have given you so many chances. I just can't be friends with you anymore."

Can't be friends anymore, Can't be friends anymore, Can't be friends anymore,

*END OF FLASHBACK *
🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴

I try once again to hold back the tears, but this time, the pain is just too much, and I just let the tears flow down my cheeks, but I have to admit it felt terrific letting everything go.

My eyes hover over the clock to see the time. It was 10:15 pm on the dot.  I take one last swig from the bottle feeling the burning sensation one last time. Once I was satisfied with the burning, I grabbed the letters placing each of them on my dining room table.

I glanced over the names, and I couldn't help but smile, and I just knew I was about to do the right thing and make everyone happy. My feet then take over my body, taking me to my next destination, some would say my final destination.

🔴🔴🔴🔴

The cold kisses my skin as I stare at the metal tracks. I can't help but shiver as the goosebumps travel down my arms. While standing here waiting for the train, two certain verses of my favourite song, underground

"Took a breath and took a step."

I kick off my shoes and breath in a while, watching for the train.

"Encountered metal on my left
What a strange thing to find
Metal in this place of mine
Running lengthwise down the hall."

"Then a light broke through the black."

The lights of the train appear from the left it was time.

"I was standing on a track."

I step onto the track facing towards the train.

"That little light began to grow
There was nowhere I could go."

"And the ground began to shake
No time left to hit the brake."

The train was nearly here, and my body seemed to freeze so that I couldn't move. I could see the driver, and he knew it was too late to hit the brake.

"That little light was closing in
And suddenly, I'm floating."

The train was about a meter away. I closed my eyes, placing my arms down by my side, embracing what was about to happen

Here we go ...