umm you meant it ?

Warning this chapter contains: swearing

Chris's Pov

" so she is going to be living with you " my brother looks at me, shocked " yes, Scott, it was either this, or she lives with her uncle that sexually assaulted her, and the doctors said it has to be a spouse or family member so that's why I'm pretending to be her fiance and she has no one else and as ma said this girl has come into my life as she needs help and I'm the one that has to be chosen to help her."

I finish putting the sheets on the bed in Lana's room. Scott still looks concerned " does she know who you are exactly " over the few weeks of knowing Lana, I've tried mentioning what I do for a job, but it just hasn't been the right time, but it does seem nice that she doesn't know who I am it's very calming meeting someone who doesn't know me or know what I do.

" Nope, I don't think she does unless she's just hiding how she feels about it "my brother crosses his arms while biting his lip " so what injuries does Lana have "

I rub my forehead slightly, trying to remember what she has " uhh, so from what I remember, a broken neck and arm, and she has been diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and she is under suicidal watch, so for the next 2-3 months, she has to have someone watch her " Scott looks at me with a slight smirk " what's with the smirk, Scott. "

We both head downstairs so I can get ready to go to the hospital " oh, nothing, Chris, it's just you have known this girl for about five weeks. You seem to know a lot about her, like her favourite foods and movies. Ma told me you told her you have feelings for this girl " I groan at my mother and brother talking behind my back.

" I have feelings, but I'm not sure what these feelings are towards her, and I don't want to explore them because one, she probably doesn't feel the same, and two, you obviously forgot  I have a girlfriend remember Steph. " Scott rolls his eyes at me while huffing " I'm sorry, bro, but Steph is a bitch, and the sooner you realise that, the sooner you can explore these feelings for Lana, " he says while winking and nudging into my chest softly.

It was now time for me to roll my eyes. No one has liked Steph since the moment I introduced her to the family, but I just don't see how she's as bad as the family says she is." Scott, I get that you guys don't like her, and you know she's away for work right now, and I'm sure she will completely understand why I'm helping this girl out " Scott looks at me with confusion.

" you haven't told her about Lana ", I rub my face groaning before looking down at my watch." fuck I gotta go pick Lana up " Scott chucks me my keys and I was straight off to the hospital.

At the hospital

I walk down the hallway with a bunch of flowers for Lana in one hand and her favourite fruit smoothie in my other hand. I make it to the entrance of her room, but before I could enter, my name was being called. "Well, hello, Mr Evans " I turn my gaze to see dr Barton. Can this guy just fuck off already

" what do you want," I say bluntly. A short laugh leaves his mouth " ahhh Evans, I know you're not marrying that bitch in there unless you haven't told your fiancé about your girlfriend, or is it the other way round? Have you told your girlfriend about all this? Just know this, Mr Evans, your going to get found out, and the only choice will be for her to live with me. Oh, and I'm telling you, me and her will have so much fun " Anger washes over me and took all of me not to drop Lana's gifts and punch into him, but I managed to keep my cool " good day dr Barton".

My body turns itself back around and heads into Lana's room. My anger all soon disappears when I see a peacefully sleeping Lana. I place the gifts I have on the side table before softly sitting beside Lana and leaving a short, sweet kiss on top of her forehead. This simple kiss causes her to wake " Chris is that you " she says huskily.

Her eyes soon meet mine, and two huge grins appear on the both of our faces" yeah, babe, it's mean" she tries to sit up, but she is having some trouble " Chris, could you um help me sit up and what time is it I thought you weren't picking me up till tomorrow."

I giggle at her thinking it was still yesterday, but I move off the bed before helping make Lana more comfortable " Lana darling, that was yesterday. It's 12:30 pm the next day. You're going home today ", she squeals with happiness.

" so when can I go, and are they for me " she refers to the flowers and smoothie on the table beside us. I felt sudden heat in my cheeks, and she definitely noticed, " uh yeah, I got your favourite flowers and drink as a going home gift, and we can go soon as the doctors give me the discharge papers. "

Passing the drink to her, she happily excepts it " thank you, Chris, so you're going to drop me off at my apartment, right ".

I look at her with confusion " Lana, as I told the doctors, you are staying with me. "

She looks at me, shocked " Ummm, you meant it, but the police will come to visit and potentially dr dickhead will as well

"Of course, I did, Lana. I don't want you alone and certainly don't want you staying with dr Barton, and we will deal with the police when that happens. "