The Truth Comes Out

As Payton dashed out of the room, Shiela sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "So...Does that mean she actually does care for Ryo?"

Star chuckled to herself at the thought. "It could be, despite Payton always telling him to go away."

 Shiela waved her hand to dismiss the conversation. "But enough about that..." She gave Finn a sly look. "You know our secret...Can't we know yours? We know Ryo and Shad's now."

Finn sighed and closed his eyes. "Well I can tell you about Jax's? It's quick and simple...Well, kind of."

Star's eyes glimmered. "DO tell!" She said.

Finn chuckled. "All right. I'll make it short and sweet...His mom died when she gave birth to him. Jax had to live with his dad, who was pretty awesome and fun-loving. His dad could support Jax pretty well, but he had to work some pretty late hours. The two never got to see each other much, besides the weekends. His dad got off on the weekends sometimes." Finn shook his head. "Sorry I'm getting off track. Anyway, one night when Jax's father was coming home, he got into an accident when Jax was thirteen. Jax didn't want to go to an orphanage, so instead Jax went to that building and worked there. You know...The one we found the airship in? Our job."

Star blinked. "Oh...Poor Jax..." She said, feeling a bit guilty. "I like to pick on him sometimes. Like, not about his family...But just messing with him. I feel horrible now for some reason..."

Shiela frowned and kept that frown for a good long while. "We can't help the past sometimes." She pointed out. She was looking at Star. "Like our fathers. We can't help that they left us.  Sometimes you just have to deal with it."

Shad scoffed and then made a clicking noise with his tongue. "Tell that to Ryo."

Shiela calmly walked over and smacked Shad upside the head. Shad squeaked and then rubbed his head with Shiela walking away. "You idiot." Shiela muttered as she stood beside Finn. She looked up at the tall and slender albino. "Anyway...Let's forget about this for a minute. When Payton comes back, we have something to show you."

Finn blinked with curiosity. "Oh?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

Shiela gave him a curt nod, that frown on her face turning into her regular poker face. "We had a whole adventure of our own. Payton has this evidence, so we'll show it to you when she gets back."

The corner of Finn's lip curved into a smirk. "Oh really?" He asked. He was interested in what this "Evidence was." It didn't take long for Ryo and Payton to return to the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Payton's P.O.V)

I walked back into the main room. Ryo had finally calmed down a bit, which made myself calm. His face was still a bit red, but that was understandable and easy to ignore.

When we walked in, Ryo stared at Shad with a cold expression. I had to nudge him to make him stop. Ryo coughed into his fist and then turned away. He walked over and stood beside Finn, attempting not to glare at Shad.

I watched Ryo for a few seconds before Shiela cleared her throat, which got my attention. When my eyes darted toward her, she held out her hand. "I need that strange rectangular thing we found." She told me.

"Oh!" I exclaimed. I quickly took the strange object from my pocket and quickly handed it to Shiela. Shiela took it and held it out to Finn so he could see.

"Apparently a small dog took it." Shiela explained to him. "When it ate this thing, it grew larger and mutated into a large wolf. This wolf was large enough that a little boy could ride on it. When we defeated this thing, it threw up green liquid and this...Thing."