Chapter Thirteen

Charlotte woke up feeling well rested, she always slept better at Damon's place, and made the most of having a shower whilst everyone else still sounded like they were asleep.

Once she was dressed she silently walked across to Freddie's room, she was so desperate for an undisturbed shower that she hadn't checked on him yet. Any unnecessary panic immediately disappeared when she gently opened his door to see him fast asleep, blonde hair all over the place and a light flush on his cheeks.

She resisted placing a kiss on his cheek, in fear of waking him up, and instead made her way towards the kitchen where she could hear Damon crashing around.

"Morning Lottie" He grinned once his eyes landed on her "How did you sleep love?"

Charlotte had to really think about his words, she had completely zoned out and her brain had turned to mush when she saw that he was shirtless and just walking around in a pair of jogging bottoms. If she wasn't trying desperately to be more moral than she would've been on her knees in an instant.

No matter how hard she tried to hide this, she knew that Damon knew better. But Damon was far less telling with his expression, he'd never be able to tell her how many times he'd dreamt about the night they'd spent together.

After the shock had worn off, they managed to have a relatively pleasant conversation. Though she couldn't stop her eyes from wandering every so often.

"I want you both to move in with me" Damon suddenly announced, causing Charlotte to snap back into reality.

"Sorry?" She spluttered, swallowing the coffee in her mouth that had very nearly been spat out in shock.

"Well I just think it makes sense" He responded with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders "We'd all get to spend more time together and just be a proper family"

"What about your girlfriend?" She had responded, hating how quickly the words came out of your mouth.

"We broke up months ago, you know that" He retorted, an eyebrow raised and a small smirk on his lips, he was ready to have an answer for every possible excuse she was about to throw his way.

"She was here the other day" Charlotte scoffed, hating how he laughed in response, the smile on his lips growing.

"Keeping tabs on me now, are we love?" He mused, his smile causing a blush to coat Charlotte's cheeks.

"Don't flatter yourself now" She scoffed, before shaking her head "I saw it on a newspaper when I was in a shop"

"She was just getting the last of her stuff" He responded reassuringly, his tone dropping as he tried to sound more earnest "Look darling, I really want you to live with me"

"And Freddie" She corrected, her own eyebrows raised as she watched him run a hand through his hair before grinning.

"That goes without saying Lottie" He grinned, not missing a beat with his response "What's putting you off?"

"I've got a flat" She mumbled, watching as he walked across the kitchen before sitting down next to her, their knees touching.

"That you hate living in" He responded, having to practically sit on his hands to stop himself from reaching out to her "And the lease is up on it"

"I've already renewed it"

"No you haven't" She laughed sheepishly at his response, no, she hadn't renewed it and the thought of going back to that hell hole made her feel nauseous.

"It's hard Damon, really fucking hard" She sighed, shaking her head before looking up at him.

"I know darling, that's why I want to help. I'm desperate to help" He practically pleaded. In his eyes, it was easy, they all lived together and then the three of them lived happily ever after as a family but he just didn't know how to make Charlotte see it from his point of view.