Chapter 10

Jayce still hadn't moved from the boy's side after about an hour, hadn't spoken, hadn't walked around, nothing. Everything was pretty much already done at this facility, and we had to move to the next one quickly, I'd already given Jayce an hour to grieve the boy. Vi was already walking towards him though, "You didn't have a choice. He knew what he was signing up for." she said. "We're done here." Jayce said, standing up and turning to face Vi, "We haven't even scratched the surface. Silco's still out there." Vi said. Jayce just sighed and looked away, "Do you not understand? I am part of this now! The next parents who get a message their kid isn't coming home... I don't even know where to take it. Do we just leave him here?" He said. "Jayce, you really aren't that naive are you? You started becoming a part of this seven years ago when you brought those gemstones into the scene. Grow the hell up Jayce!" I shouted. "There are thousands of kids just like him who are dying because of Silco! You finally have to look that in the eye and suddenly what? You become some pacifist?" I said. "You wanna know why Silco was able to grow his empire this big? It's because pilties like you turned the other way to count your riches while Silco forced children like him to work for him until they die!" I shouted.

"This is over." Jayce said, shaking his head, "Not for us." Vi said, forming her hands into fists, "Take those off." Jayce said, putting a hand on his hammer. Vi just readied her gauntlets, steam coming out of them and making the enforcers look our way as I took out my rapier and a knife. "Make me." Vi said, and then Jayce powered up his hammer, picking it up and saying, "I can't let you leave with them." "Then I guess you're gonna have to kill two more trenchers." I said. Vi's gauntlets adjusted again and put her front foot forward a bit, I could tell the enforcers were watching us closely, but weren't sure what to do except for watching us for now. Jayce just sighed though, his hammer deactivating as he started to walk off, "You won't make it alone." he said as he stopped. "You know what Jayce, you really do deserve whatever Silco and Jinx are doing to you." I said as Vi walked over to the boy, closing his eyes before punching the glass of the machine after, breaking it for good.

"Go to the Last Drop, Sevika will be there, I'll take the second factory, then we'll meet back at my shop. I think we both know this is far from over. See you later Vi, stay safe." I said, walking out after.

-----

I was jogging to get to where I was going, I figured that I didn't have too much time to be making two pitstops, although, knowing Sevika's skill, I just might. It didn't take too long to get there though, and it was close to the factory and my shop so I could spend a little time here before leaving. It was the building that had haunted me and had changed the course of my life, the old, and now almost fully destroyed, canary. I'd never come back here so far, but it felt right, to go back to the place of my first failure right when I was about to right all the wrongs that started here. Besides, this was where my first love had died, and I felt it was important to tell her spirit it hadn't died in vain, that it would actually be for something.

"Hey Y/C. I don't even know if you're there or if you can hear this, or whatever. I just want to talk to you for a little bit, or at least feel I am." I said. "I'm finally taking on Silco." I started, but I had to admit to myself it felt a little silly to be talking when there was possibly no one to hear. "After all the years I've been trapped under his thumb, I'm getting back at him for both of us." I said. "I also got my sister back, she said an enforcer got her out and then they came down here and we just kinda ran into each other." I said. "The enforcer, very surprisingly, seems to also actually care about the people in Zaun and has been helping me and Vi until a little earlier today." I said. "I was really feeling like I was connecting with the enforcer too, but, I don't know. I broke it off." I said. "I... I was scared." I said after a while of just sitting there, wondering if I was going to admit the truth to myself or not, You were scared because you were weak, just like you always have been.