~*Chapter 2 - First Meeting*~

Natasha got out of the elevator and slightly looks around, shaking as she is very nervous about this. A woman (Staff) then looks at her and smiled before going toward her.

"Miss Belova?" She asked.

"Go on, Natasha, tell her that Yelena is sick and just at home, and I am just a substitute," She said to herself mentally but nothing came out of her mouth.

"May I take your coat?" The woman asked her as Natasha walked toward her shyly.

"Oh, uh, yeah, um," Finally, something came out of her mouth. The woman then politely takes off her coat.

"Okay uh, She's uh, okay so," Natasha starts to stutter, don't know what to say.

"Come on, Natasha, tell her," Natasha said mentally but then again, nothing came out of her mouth.

"Mr. Rogers will see you now," Another woman said — At the counter — looking at Natasha.

"Okay," Natasha said as she just stands there, not knowing what to do next.

Another woman then walks towards her, "This way, please," The woman said politely, Natasha turned around, "Okay," Natasha said again, not knowing what else to say. It's starting to look like "okay," is her only language.

"Mr. Rogers has a conference call in the next 15 minutes, so you only have less than 15 minutes to interview him," The woman said as she guides Natasha to the office.

Natasha then realize that all of them were wearing formal clothes, she then looks at her clothes. "Shit," she cursed under her breath.

They then finally got to the big modern dark brown oak door. Natasha looks at it and gulped. "Please be nice, please be nice," she keeps repeating in her head, wishing that the interview will go well.

"Right this way," The woman said as she stops.

"Okay, thank you," Natasha said.

The woman then nodded and walked away. Natasha took a deep breath and opened the door. To her luck, she lost balance, she gasped and fell.

Steve Rogers, who was looking at his window view turned around, he then walks towards her to help her up.

Natasha looks up and gasped in a low voice before standing up quickly and flushed from embarrassment.

"Miss Belova," Steve said as he helps her.

All Natasha could do was just look at him and couldn't help but get mesmerized by his blue ocean eyes.

"You okay?" he asked her.

Steve then hands his hand out, "Steve Rogers," he introduced himself as he looks at her.

Natasha took his hand and shakes it, "Uhm, I'm Natasha Romanoff," Natasha said introducing herself as she finally gains some confidence within herself.

Steve became flummoxed, utterly confused about why she was there.

"Uh, sorry, Miss Belova has the flu, she asked me to fill in, well, actually I stepped in for her because I know how important this is to her," Natasha said with a dry chuckle.

"I see," Steve said as he looks at her.

"So, you're studying journalism as well?" he asked her, curious.

"Uh, no, English lit, I'm studying English literature," Natasha answered.

"Uhm, Yelena is my sister so-" she was cut off by Steve.

"I must have forgotten, we only now have 10 minutes since I have a conference call," Steve said going back to his desk.

"Please, have a seat, Miss Romanoff," Steve said politely as he gestures for her to seat on one of the chairs in front of the desk.