Chapter 2

I'm gonna pop some tags,

Only got $20 in my pocket...

The song 'Thrift Shop' came on as my alarm clock and I groaned, immediately slamming it off. Don't get me wrong, it's catchy, but it's just not rap. Eminem is rap -- Mackelmore is not rap, in any way. 

"Time to wake up, it's the first day of school!" Step monster screeched from downstairs. Go to hell, I sneered at her mentally. Walking across my room, I stepped into my large closet, filled with clothes. I take pride in the fact that there's only one pink item in there, and I didn't even buy it. 

I pulled out my light wash pre-ripped skinny jeans, and my red 'The Beatles' t-shirt and my black leather jacket. Adding my black, leather, 2" heeled crop boots, I walk into my bathroom. My dark brown hair is naturally straight, so I just run a brush through it. I add mascara, eyeliner, and a bit of black eye shadow to help my blue eyes stand out a bit more. I put on chap stick and a touch of clear lip gloss. 

Then, I head out with my black under armour book bag slung over my shoulder. 

Walking down the stairs, I enter the kitchen, tap Ethan twice on the shoulder as I'm walking by, and go into the garage.. I pick the keys for the red Corvette as he walks into the garage. 

"I'm driving," I state and he nods.

"Figured," While giving me a smirk. 

"Shut up, Ethan," I fake glare at him. 

He shakes his head, "Aw come on twinnie, you and I both know you love to hear me talk!" 

I rolled my eyes and pulled out of the long driveway. Ethan is wearing a black v-neck with low slung jeeans and vans. His hair, the same color as mine, is styled up with gel. The only difference between us? I have a few more freckles and obviously, I'm a girl. Well, and the fact he's a good four inches taller than me. 

As we're driving, Ethan puts on his Sleeping With Sirens play-list on and I roll my eyes. His obsessions... Then again, I shouldn't judge him because of my addiction to Paramore and The Fray. 

Sadly, we pull into the school parking lot. I smirk as I see our parking spot is empty, even though the lot is completely fool. Man, being part of the 'bad boy gang' of school sure does have it's positive side. 

As Ethan and I walk up the the building, we're joined by Carter, my best friend since 3rd grade. She's short, only 5'3", with reddish/dark brown hair. As we walked in, some sophomores were pushing around a freshman with thick glasses and a side braid. 

"Hey!" I barked at them and walked over, "Remember, that could still be you," With one glare, they all ran away. The girl, on the other hand, was trembling in fear. I turn to her and hand her her book, "Try to stay away from them, k?" 

She nods then scurries away. 

"What was that? Ellie Cartwright being kind to a freshman?" Ethan asks with sarcasm while smirking. 

I shrugged and he rolled his eyes.

"What's up kids?" Our final 'clique' member, Josh, walked up and slung his arm around Carter. He kissed her and I fake gagged. 

"No public displays of affection!" I mock bark at him and he scowls. He pulls Carter to him and practically shoves his tongue down her throat. Carter backed away and slapped him.

"Idiot," She muttered and he smirked. 

"You love me anyways," He said, kissing her ear.

"Only god knows why," She said, and we finally are able to get our schedules. To no surprise, the four of us have the same schedule. Every year we do, the schedulers have learned their lessons, I guess you could say.