7. best man

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

Chapter 7: best man

TWITTER!

Usern17 retweeted @annasanchez 's tweet

Scrolled through Anna's twitter and I found this photo of Quackity and I gotta say her tweets about him are pretty cute

|

Annie // annasanchez

Look at him being a cutie <3

23 replies 100 retweets 215 likes

|

quackity // quackity

but do you see yourself mi amor?

|

Annie // annasanchez

Stoooppp

|

quackity // quackity

never.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

INSTAGRAM!

annaloves

Hey, sorry about the other day but I really want to talk about the whole wedding thing.

When do you think you'll be okay to talk about it?

Seen 8:30 pm

Oh, it's fine I understand.

And yeah are you free tomorrow? Lunch?

Yeah. Of course I am.

Our place?

(message deleted)

Same place?

Yeah of course. See you tomorrow, Alex!

Seen 8:40 pm

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

Quackity's leg bounced as he nervously waited for Adrianna to walk through the café door. He had messaged her the night before to talk about something. He said it was about the wedding which he didn't lie about, but he wanted to see if his Annie was still her.

He wanted to see if Fred knew her as much as he knew him, he wanted to know if she changed for him because if she did then Fred isnt the one for her. She was perfect in his eyes. She was enough and more at the same time.

"Alex?" he looked up to see Anna standing there, motioning to the chair and he nodded. She sat down as a worker walked up to them and placed their drinks down.

"Thank you." Alex said as he grabbed his drink. But Annie looked at the drink and the pastry that came along with it. She was shocked, he still remembered.

As Alex took a sip of his drink he realized that Anna was just staring at what he ordered. He gulped and set down his cup, "Oh. Do you not like these anymore? I can ask for another-" "No." Anna cut him off.

"I- I still do. I'm just shocked that you still remember." She said with a small smile. Alex hummed and nodded, "Yeah. I guess no matter how many years it has been, I still can't forget the little things about you." he admitted.

Anna frowned and cleared her throat. Alex huffed and shook his head, "I still remember how you crinkle your nose when you drink black coffee. I still remember how you always asked for samples of fruits to check if it was fresh. I still remember how you adored those meiji chocolate and strawberry candy. I can still remember your faces when you're worried or frustrated. I remember you Annie." He said.

"Alex-" Anna was cut off by him. "Don't worry I'm not here to win you back with my words." He said with a joking tone. She let out a small laugh making them smile at each other.

They sat there, just smiling at each other when Alex finally spoke again, "How's Fred?" he asked. She hummed, sipped her drink, "He's good. Excited about you being there. You guys were brothers." She said.

Alex hummed and nodded, "Yeah, we were brothers." He said as he looked at his drink. Anna frowned, "He really wants you to be there." she muttered.

He nodded, "I never said I wasn't gonna be there Annie." He said. She looked up at him in shock, "You-You'll be there?" she asked. He nodded again, "Yeah and if it's still good, I am going as your best man. That is if Fred and you still want to."

Anna looked at him like he was crazy, "Of course we do." She said. Alex hummed and nodded once more, "Okay then-" "But." Anna cut him off. He looked at her confused, "But what?" he asked.

She sighed, Sienna's words repeating in her head, "I don't want to hurt you." she said. Alex merely stared at her, she still cared, well in a way.

He sighed as well, "You are not forcing me to go Annie, I agreed and I will be going, whether that will be a guest at the back of your wedding or as Fred's best man. But I am telling you this Annie, I will be there." he said as he tried to smile at her.

Alex wanted to give her reassurance that it was okay. That she didn't have to worry about him but like him, she remembers him. She saw past the crooked smile, she saw the sad eyes and it broke her.

"Alex-" "No. I'm going Annie." He cut her off. She sighed, "I'm happy that you are but, I have hurt you before-" "We're way past that. You're getting married."

"That's the point Alex. How are you so casual about this?" Anna asked frustrated. Alex let out a scoff, "Oh belive me I'm not." He answered her truthfully.

She looked at him confused and he shook his head, "I wanted- For one last time, I want to see you happy Annie. Even though it will never be with me."