Chapter 1: I promise

Play 'mumumumuch' by Mamamoo

Play 'Stuck In My Head' by Twice

Sunset street (선셋 스트리트)

March 25th, Friday

6:00 PM

Yanae's POV

Me and Ryujin have been best friends for 4 and a half years and within those 4 years, I've had a crush on her for the past 3. I don't know how to tell her, it will ruin our friendship.

The only people who know about it are my siblings, Karina, Giselle, Bae, Lia, Yeji, Chaeryeong, Yuna, Soojin and Miyeon. They've been teasing me about it A LOT lately. More than ever before!

Right now me, J-Hope, Ryujin, Yuna, Miyeon and Giselle are walking home from school, like always.

We all live relatively close to each other, especially me and Miyeon.

JHope and Miyeon are in front of me and Ryujin and Yuna with Giselle behind us.

"You're staying over tonight." Ryujin instructed, still walking in the direction of her house.

"Wae~?" I fake whined, pouting.

"Why? You don't want to?" She asked, looking at me with puppy dog eyes. I giggled and gave her a pat on her shoulder.

"Aniyo~" I said, almost in front of the Shin property.

"Aish, this girl. Just stayyy~" She grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together.

"Fine." I eventually agreed and she turned into a happy baby.

We were in front of Ryujin and Yuna's house before I called for my brother.

"Hoseok oppa."

He turned around with a hum and a nod.

"I'm staying at Ryujin's." I informed him as he nodded in response and turned back around, going home.

"Bye Yaneli-ssi. See you tomorrow. Do your homework!" He semi-yelled before he was out of sight.

We went inside and were greeted by Ryujin and Yuna's parents.

"Oh 'nyeongaseyo." I bowed to them, walking further in.

Ryujin put her arm around my shoulder as we walked up the stairs to Ryu's room.

But before we went in I could hear Yuna and her parents leaving a few comments, like:

"They're cute."

"They look like they're already dating."

"They're like a couple."

I closed the door behind me and laid down on Ryujin's bed. Ryujin took out her ponytail before going over to me and wrapping her hands and legs around me and let out a few soft noises as she made herself more comfortable.

"What should we do now?" She asked softly, burring her face in the crook of my neck.

"Oh, you remember, you wanted me to show you that picture!" I remembered, sitting up and reaching for my phone.

She whined because I was moving and wrapped her arms tighter around me, making me giggle.

"Here it is, look." She was hesitant to look, but she did and then quickly burying her face in the crook of my neck with a groan.

I laughed loudly before she spoke.

"That's so embarrassing! Delete that!" I laughed even more at her words.