Chapter 11: Betrayal

Danny heard his voice.

He heard his name being shouted and heavy footsteps marching on the second floor.

"Kurtis?"

Kurtis opened the door, looking frazzled.
"John fucking Mulaney told me you were in the 3rd bedroom."

"John? The John Mulaney?"

"Yes. Comedian John Mulaney. I don't have time to explain." Kurtis continued to stare at Danny.

"Well, are you going to get up?

Danny was confused. "What do you mean, get up?"

Kurtis went over to where Danny was sitting in the bed, and pulled him up by his non-broken arm. "Come on man, I don't have time for this. They're gonna find me any minute."

Danny resisted Kurtis. "I have a mission to do. You can leave if you want, but I'm assassinating Trump. It's my destiny."

Kurtis shook his head, pacing across the room. "They've brainwashed you. They've fucking brainwashed you!"

"They haven't brainwashed me. I want to complete my mission."

Kurtis stopped in front of him, arms raised above his head. "You're a fucking commentary youtuber! You aren't a spy, you aren't the CIA, you're a skinny boy. How are you supposed to assassinate Trump, huh? With a single bullet? Shot to the head? Has Obama told you anything else about this mission of yours?"

Danny felt offended. "Just because you don't get as cool a job as me doesn't mean you have the right to yell in my face!"

"I'm leaving then. Without you." Kurtis turned around.

Obama was leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed.

"Leaving so soon?"

Kurtis froze in his spot. Danny couldn't help feeling that Kurtis got what he deserved. He wanted to see his friend, but after their argument, he was no longer sure that they were friends anymore.

Obama smiled an evil little smile. He looked at Danny. "Was this man bothering you?"

Danny hesitated. Kurtis looked at him, silently pleading. Danny ignored him. He nodded yes.

"Hmm. Guess we'll have to do something about that, won't we?"

____________________________________

I'm back after my months long hiatus. Sorry guys 😮
Hope you enjoyed the chapter.