arise

i n t r o d u c t i o n

For reasons yet to be explained by man, about 40% of the population of Tokyo are born with a strange and disproportionate "birthmark" somewhere random on their body and were assigned a code name by the government, "Spotted Ones". Sometime in a Spotted Ones life this birthmark, whether it's caused by trauma, pain, desperation, naturally, or even never at all the birthmark will transform or take shape into an object or symbol. The shape it becomes is random in most cases but it also can depend on the persons genes and be passed down through family members, or be influenced by extensive and grueling training of a certain element or ability though few survive this method. The most dangerous aspect of the birthmark is that the person gains a supernatural ability associated with the shape of their mark. The portion of the population that isn't born with this birthmark generally deeply fear the Spotted Ones and their powers and require the Spotted Ones to be injected with a Viacomb chip at birth developed to administer a brutal disciplinary shock to keep spotted ones at bay. This fear is rooted from an anti government revolution led  by infamous criminal Torodami Rico , the single most heinous act against the government in modern history, The Spotted Ones Revolution or codename Project SOR.

l e t s b e g i n

The year is 2015 in the most culturally beautiful city in the world Tokyo, Japan. I've always been in love with this city, even though most of the people who govern it are diabolically insane assholes. The beginning of summer is always the best time of the year, mostly because I love to dress the way I am now, a black crop top tee with a purple graphic of a katana on the back, slim fit grey sweatpants and my lucky hightop black converse tied all the way to the top. The only thing I do hate about the summer is the way it completely violates my precious hair, which normally falls straight down around 3 quarters of my back but in the summer the sun makes my hair fall in thick, heavy, black curls.

"Hey Kaori, what time is it?" I asked as she trotted along side me on the sidewalk. Kaori and I are sisters, she's a 12 year old genius which makes her four years younger than me and about five times smarter than me, and I'm the top student of my class so that's saying something.

"It's 7:45 am Noda- chan." Kaori said after pulling her phone out of her back pocket.

We were early for school as always, if we get there early we'll get a free donut from Pakuyo-san whose the principle of Spotted Ones High or So-High for short. If your wondering why we're at school in the summer it's because about 50% of the population of So-High is on track to fail so me and Kaori were "employed" to be tutors at summer school, so as you probably guessed Pakuyo-san is not a very good principle. Kaori and I owe our lives to Pakuyo-san, if it wasn't for him who knows what would've happened to Kaori, I couldn't protect her alone.

"Pakuyo-san!" Kaori screamed as she ran towards the school her long black ponytail flowing in the wind. I was glad to see Pakuyo-san today, he's been acting weird since training with me and Max the other day.

"Oi! You girls are early again I see!" 

In the doorway of the school stood Pakuyo Haragashi, a roughly 6ft6 slim middle aged man with a long "metal-blade" like silver head of hair that seemingly glowed as he waved at Kaori and I. His skin was a creamy tan complexion, but much lighter than the caramel brown skin my sister and I sported. His wardrobe consists of a pitch black suit with three silver pins on the collar with a red sash around his arm marked "ASO" or "Awakened Spotted One"

Pakuyo-san discreetly threw something soft and black directly at my head, it was so quick that not even Kaori saw it who was standing right next to us. I caught the mystery item which turned out to be a black hoodie. I looked weirdly at him and he just nodded so I conceded and put it on. I reached into the pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a sticky note that read "cover your mark"