black blade zeke

*25 years ago , in a top secret Government Facility*

*Pakuyo POV*

I awoke with my face pressed firmly against the metal slab that stuck out of the wall, the guards like to call my bed. No sheets, no pillow or a blanket. Just a 7 foot long 3 feet wide piece of cold material to cuddle me to sleep. I enjoyed it though, since my mark awakened I felt more comfortable on it, I even felt connected to it.

Usually before I get up I take a second to deliberate on my situation, an old prisoner told me that staying angry was the only way to keep hope in this place. I had been kidnapped. I looked over at the wall that was no more than 4 feet from my face adjacent from my bed, it was full of various size slashes that I used to keep track of the time in this hell hole. Three years. It had been over three years since the day my sweet mother lost me to the clutches of the darkest powers of the world. I was only twelve years old and I didn't even know if she was okay or if something bad had happened to her because of me. One moment we were in the park as happy as can be, and suddenly she was gone and I was being pulled into a van by a bunch of bastards. I remembered the gut wrenching screams I let out for her, they were muffled behind the foul tasting gag that was forced into my mouth. I knew she couldn't hear me. It was the last time I ever saw her.

I pulled my face away from the steel with a prolonged pluck and looked down at the bed. It was a very poorly lit entirely metal room, only illuminated by a small dim lightbulb that only turned on for a couple hours a day, but I could still faintly make out my reflection. I ran my hand through my shiny grey hair that fell down around the middle of my back, the spot still cold on my face that I peeled off the metal.

    "A little too long for my liking." I thought to myself.

I held out my index and middle finger making peace sign of sorts, and focused hard on the task at hand. Two straightedge blades grew from the innermost part of them forming a makeshift pair of scissors. The blades were dull and misshapen, there was no way it could be a clean cut, but looking good wasn't too high on my priority list. It was hard for me to use my spot's power inside the walls of the prison thanks to these assholes. The walls and infrastructure were infused with Viacomb Material, a special product developed by the government that interferes with powers or can even be fatal if injected. Snip! Snip!  I hacked off a large portion of my hair until I could only feel it slightly tickling my shoulders. 

Suddenly, the small sliding latch on the giant metal door opened.

"Done with your little makeover, princess?" a cigarette worn voice interrupted. He banged on the metal door with his weapon. "Come on, you know the drill!" he said.

I got up and took a few steps to reach the door. I placed my hands through the crevice made by the sliding door, and was greeted by a cold circular metal wrapping around my wrists. I could instantly feel the difference in my strength, they were obviously Viacomb I could tell by the green hue the material gave off. They knew the material in the walls wouldn't be enough to completely cut off the power of the stronger ones they held, so these Viacomb cuffs were made to interfere on a more personal level and make us dramatically weaker. I doubt I could even manage the scissors at this point. He opened the door once they were on. I winced and covered my eyes as light filled the small cell for the first time since the last time the door was opened.

I looked up at the guard. He was middle aged, about 40 or so and ugly as hell. He had tired, bagged eyes that sunk deep into his pasty white eyelids and a shiny bald head. He was dressed in a black, military grade jumpsuit and brandished a long metal rod with 5 small poles that stuck out horizontally near the tip. I knew it all too well, if he pressed the button on the side the horizontal poles will produce a dangerous green electricity made to incapacitate spotted ones.