(30)

Phil sent Techno upstairs while he finished cleaning the kitchen, it had become an unspoken rule that when they got someone new the two boys would wait upstairs until they were either called down - or if it was night, they would wait until the morning - just to give the new person time to adjust before they're thrown into the deep end and have to adjust to a new place with 3 new people instead of just a new place and Phil, on their first night/day.

As the familiar black car rolled up outside Phil felt his heart sink, even though he had done this process a thousand times he couldn't help but feel like he was replacing Wilbur.

The ringing of the doorbell pulled him from his thoughts and he took one last look at the now clean kitchen before heading to the door.
"Phil! It's lovely to see you again, this is Ranboo." Eret smiled while gesturing to the awkwardly tall figure next to her, she said the boy was 12 like Tommy but he seemed so tall for his age - coming up to Phils shoulders at the least.
"Hi Ranboo, my name is Philza though I'm sure you knew that. Come in!" Phil smiles welcomingly, moving out of the way so they could all come inside.

He studied Ranboo while the boy took his shoes off and placed them down, he had black hair that was quite fluffy & covered his eyes though if you looked hard enough you could notice how one of his eyes was purple while the other was red. Phil got a sense of dejavu as he watched the boy nervously pick at the skin around his nails,
"let's sit. Follow me." Phil beams leading them to the kitchen, his breathe got stuck in his throat as he watched Ranboo sit in the seat Wilbur-
"Would either of you two like a drink? We have water, juice, coffee, tea, anything really." He forces the words out before the thoughts of the brunette completely cloud his mind.

***

Phil showed Eret out and walked back into the kitchen spotting Ranboo now stood up eyeing the kettle cautiously but Phil ultimately said nothing deciding to ignore it,
"hi mate, I know you already know who I am but did Eret tell you that I have two other sons?" Ranboo looks in the general direction of Phil while not meeting his gaze as he nodded gently,
"Technoblade and Tommy?" He half whispers, the words sounding like he had forced them out though he probably did.
"That's right," Phil praises,
"people just call Technoblade Techno though. He's a real softie but don't tell him I told you that." He chuckles before continuing watching Ranboo break a smile.
"Tommy is a real chatterbox, every thought he has must come out of his mouth or he'll explode or something. You two are the same age, I think you'll all get along nicely." Phil finishes before giving Ranboo a quick tour, explaining where everything was and how his two other sons were in their rooms so he could have space but he would get to see them tomorrow.

"And this is Wi-your room." Phil says, gently pushing back the door for the first proper time in weeks. It looked empty, it hadn't really changed since Wilbur first got it and the only posters he put up had been taken down when he left. 
"Thank you, it's amazing." Ranboo says, not picking up on the fact his new foster father almost completely messed his name up, as he puts his bag down by his feet.
"Right, I'll let you settle in. If you need anything I'll be downstairs or if I'm not my room is just down the hall."