Turtles?

Honk'

"Hey move it jackass!"

Opening her eyes at the interruption of her Flashback, Shinoshi looked around her scowling at the trash and cars around her, 'Man I hate New york, the only place in this filthy city that I somewhat enjoy is this park, it's the only place that is slightly peaceful, not to mention it has been three years since Master Yoshi has disappeared and I still haven't found him.' Looking out to the pond in front of her she saw a big catfish looking at her near the waters edge, smiling ,at the fish she closed her eyes to meditate once more.

'Splash'

Looking towards the sound she saw a fish feeding frenzy further down the edge of the pond, shrugging at the sight she faced forward once again to try to meditate again but as soon as she closed her eyes she heard a rustling sound beside her, grabbing her samurai sword that lay sheathed on the ground in front on her she gripped the hilt and turned towards the sound only to see a empty park behind her, the only people in the park where farther away from her current spot, turning back towards the water and setting her sword back down she watched around her and jumped when she heard the scratching sound again but no one around. Looking down at the pile of leaves and dirt beside her she saw it moving slightly up and down, as if something was trying to get out, very carefully she brushed the dirt and leaves away to find four newly hatched baby turtles blinking back up at her, she smiled at the precious sight.

'splash'

Looking back towards to sound she looked closer to the feeding frenzy and saw a small turtle about to go in the water only to be eaten by a catfish that was waiting at the waters edge, glancing back to the spot in front of her she saw the catfish from before moving closer to the waters edge looking towards her feet. Looking back down she noticed the four turtles had made it to where she had laid her sword down and were having problems getting over it, one had just reached the top, when she glanced back at the fish.

"No turtle for you today fish!"

She shouted to the fish, quickly scooping up the four small babies and picking up her sword she stood up, placing her sword in the material at her waist she quickly left carrying her new treasure close to her chest leaving the park to find a box or something to carry them in.

Walking down a alley near a pet store she found small box that had no holes, wasn't soaking wet, or being used by stray cats or dogs as homes, and gently put the small turtles inside, walking to the pet store she decided to get them some food and figure out what gender they were. After doing so she found out that they were all females and a rare breed of green soft-shell turtles known for their small slick shells, if it wasn’t for the slight rise of the shell on their backs, lighter color shell covering their chest and short tails they could be mistaken for lizards.

Enjoying her new family members Sinoshi headed back towards the alley to create a portal back to Daimyo's realm, she was competing in the tournament again this year, placing the box down on the ground beside her she began to draw the symbols needed to create the portal.

'Honk'

"Hey, look out!"

Sinoshi heard the sound of glass shattering near her, looking around she noticed at the end of the alley way a little boy was reaching out towards a storm drain, not thinking it important she looked at her turtles and saw them now swimming in glowing green goop that was dripping from a canister above them in a fire escape, 'Filthy city people, I am so glad I don't have to come back here.' she scowled and used a rusty broken pipe to pull the box of turtles and goop towards her, not wanting to touch whatever the gross goop was. Seeing a clean box near by she placed the goop box inside of the bigger box, 'Gyoji should be able to help me clean them up when we get to the other realm.'