Chapter 3: The Nest

[A/NImagine the hole is the size of an underground desert entrance.]

Me: THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

I ran to the Nest and the moment I stepped into the sand all the Antlion stopped what they were doing and rushed towards me. I thought there would be like 15 to 20 antlions but I was wrong about 42 antlions were coming towards me 21 swarmers and 21 chargers. One antlion jumped towards me, I Sliced my sword horizontally killing the antlion in an instant, another antlion tried to hit me but I duck the hit and stab my sword onto its head. I suddenly felt as if something grabbed my back I looked up to see a swarmer attached to my back. It lift me up and was about to drop me into the nest but I Stabbed it in the head and jumped down. While falling I see my foot caught on fire but for some strange reason, it did not burn my foot to ashes I landed on an antlion decimating it.

Level up!!!

Skill unlocked: Blazing fall

Level up!? what the hell is happening right now?

I did not have much time to think as an antlion spit sand at me, I tried to dodge it but the sand still hit me, it was smoldering it felt as if my arm just caught on fire, and after that, a lava bucket was purred on my arm.

-24

Me: AAHH!!!, HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT!!

I looked at my arm and sigh in relief that it is not wounded. The antlion tried to spit sand at me but I blocked it right at the same moment it was about to hit me making the sand hit and kill an antlion swarmer.

Skill unlocked: Projectile block.

The antlion was charging another shot but I ripped both of his mandibles, stabbed his eye, and then as 2 swarmers tried to attack me, using the mandibles I jabbed them in their foreheads making them look like a unicorn. I heard fast footsteps behind me I looked back to see a charger running toward me I held my sword vertically as the charger jumped and it cut him clean. Everything was going perfect until a swarmer took my sword and threw it away from me. I held my zombie arm tightly as antlion charger surround me, I then had an idea. I took out my wand of sparking and set my zombie arm on fire.

Skill unlocked: fire enhancement

A charger tried to attack me but I ripped his face off, another charger tried to attack me but I set him on fire. Afterward, two chargers jumped at me, I was able to block one but the other one hit me.

-69

They went for another hit but I crouched making them hit and kill each other. The last two remaining antlions hesitated at first to attack me but then they charged at me I killed one by stomping on his head and the other by setting him on fire. I saw in the distance a swarm of 13 antlion swarmers which caused me to draw out my bow as I was killing the swarmers one of my arrows randomly whipped a sandstorm tornado which made the surrounding swarmers die. I was confused by this then a text appeared saying.

Desert prowler armor: Ranged attacks can rarely whip up a sandstorm tornado.

I felt relieved that I killed them all, I noticed my zombie arm was no longer on fire. As I was walking to pick up my sword I saw the dead remains of a person next to it. I check out the body and it had 2 gold coins, 1 stick of dynamite, a note, a picture, and a necklace with her name Rebbeca Chambers.

[A/N: if you are a Resident Evil fan you will know who this person is]

The note said: To anyone reading this it may be too late for me, the antlion nest is growing stronger by the minute and if it is not stopped it may spread to the other mines. The way I I came up with to destroy the nest is to throw the stick of dynamite down the mine, while it will destroy the whole mine it will also kill every antlion in the nest, nearby there is a chest that will have all the materials needed to rebuild the mine. But beware by blowing up the mine...