Chapter 7: Royal Battle

When I reached the center of the town there was a massive golden statue of a man holding a shield and a spear and below the statue, there was a smooth marble sign that said: in honor of our great hero Ethan. There was also some fancy building but two of them stood out one was a three-story building with a sign that has books and the other was a one-floor stone building with a sign that had a potion. I am going to guess that the one with the books is the library, I when inside the library where a lady in her 80 greeted me.

Lady: It is rare to see young people like you here, what do you need?

Me: I need a book that can tell me about this world.

The lady nodded and pointed with her trembling fingers

Lady: over there you will find what you seek boy

I thanked the lady and went to the bookshelf and took several books that I found interesting like the geography of the human kingdom, origins of the world, monsters and catastrophes, blacksmithing, myths and legends, and some other less important.

*Timeskip*

After 1 hour and 35 minutes, I finished reading the stack of books and I got 3 texts, one said Your map has been updated! I checked my map and it was true now I was able to see all the locations of the human kingdom the other said your crafting list has been updated! and the last text said You have unlocked the Bestiary! I opened the menu and now there was a new option unlocked what the bestiary does is that it saves the data of monsters that I have killed. I was about to leave the library when.

Lady: Boy where do you think you are going?

Me: out of the library

Lady: you need to pay

Me: you did not say that when I entered

Lady: Then you would have never come here

Me: *sigh* how much

Lady: 10 silver

Me: what is on the second floor?

Lady: more advanced book but it will cost you

Me: The third floor?

Lady: Staff only

I said goodbye to the old lady and decided to make my way toward the biggest building of the kingdom, the castle, I need to see if the king and queen know anything about people like me. The castle looked like any normal medieval castle, the castle entrance was protected by guards wearing gold armor and holding gold swords on top of the castle were archers and mages. The archers were also wearing full gold armor and had gold bows while the mages had emerald robes and ruby staffs. The guards instantly unsheathed their swords while the archers and mages hold back their attack waiting.

Guard 2: Halt!

Guard 1: Who goes there

Me: uhh, Nick Larsen

Guard 1: State your business

Me: I want to meet the king and queen

The guards looked at each other and opened the door. One of the guards told me to follow him, navigating the castle was confusing, we went down, right, left, right again, up I thought I was in one of does fancy bush labyrinths. After 10 minutes we reached a giant wooden door and when I entered the door there were 3 people inside the room one was an old dude wearing a wizard hat and ruby robes while the other was a guy in his mid-twenties who had messy black hair and brown eyes, he was wearing some type of gladiator armor and had a platinum sword. And sitting on the throne was... A little girl, she had long magenta hair that reached until her shoulders and was wearing clothes only royalty would wear and had a gold crown with sapphire, amethyst, and topaz. I stood there dumbfounded as the guard next to me kneeled down and the guy with gladiator armor gave me a death stare.