Chapter 13: The Frozen Sky

I woke up to see that I am inside the great tree in Neldulelk and by the looks of it, I am in the infirmary. My head is still dizzy from the hit, my vision is blurry. Suddenly, William came bursting through the door, when he saw me he sighed.

William: You're finally awake

Me: What happened?

William: you were knocked out, from what I heard, a whitish-haired, light blue-eyed, baby-faced, masculine guy fell on top of you.

Me: and where is he?

William: He left the town an hour ago

Me: wait, how long was I knocked out for?

William: for about two whole days

Me: TWO WHOLE DAYS?! 

William: yeap, we better get going to meet Vrerick if you want to learn thunder magic

Me: But, what about the festival?

William: We can come back another time

Me: but it is done once a year

William: listen, we need to go meet Vrerick as he is the best person to teach you thunder magic or stick around for a festival that will be done next year AND the following

Me: Fine, but next year I am coming to this festival no matter what

I stood up from the bed and thanked the nurse for treating me, Williams guided me toward the great hall if you can call it that, the room was more like a dining room, the table was long enough to hold eight people, the cushion of the chair were leaves stitched together, a little bit further from the table there was a sofa to the right there was a cabinet and on the left, there was a bookcase all of them seemed to be made out of wood and leaves. On the table, Elizabeth and Woodbark were sitting on the bottom part, Alice and Jearn on the left side and Alice was alone on the right side, I sit next to her.

Woodbark: So Nick, assume you are leaving today since the tundra is far away from here

Me: how did you know I was heading for the tundra?

Woodbark: William told me everything, I want to give you some supplies for your journey as it will take up to five days max on foot

Me: Why I'm I not surprised it will take that long 

*30 minutes later*

William and I said goodbye to the Elves and started making our way toward Vrerick's cabin. 

Day 1

Today was the first day of the journey,  we didn't run into much trouble other than a bunch of slimes, who for some reason didn't attack William, that is when he told me that inside the jar that he carries on his belt, there is an item called Royal gel, this item made Williams immune to all types of slimes, I feel like I am the one who should have gotten this item. Once it was nighttime William and I took turns watching guard because every 5 minutes or so there was a horde of zombies trying to kill us and eat our flesh.

Day 2

Today we started badly, it began to rain so we had to find immediate shelter. Williams found an entrance to a small shaft, and we stayed there for the rest of the day, I was able to gather some lead, silver, and tungsten. When it turned nighttime both Williams and I were able to gain sleep since I blocked the entrance to the shaft.

Day 4

yesterday was a calm day and nothing special happened, but today was quite a hellish day, first, when we woke up we had our food stolen, so we proceeded to exterminate the bunny and fish population from that zone and in the night the zombies decided to be smart and surround us, unlucky for them, I needed to release some stress, plus, there were some new tricks I wanted to test out. After a solid 30 minutes, the zombies were evaporated and we sleep safe and sound.