VOL.3 EXTRA CHAPTER 1

"How much for this one?"

"That would be 2 silver coins, madam!"

"Is this really the potion that can keep you energized?

"Yes! That one called Salva Potion, dear customer!"

"How much?"

"It's 1 silver and 3 copper coins or 80 pennies. Please drink it in moderation, Sir. Or it will end up harm your body"

"Thanks!"

I was born as a Rabi (Rabbit-kin). My life was a normal one where I lived with my tribe and survived through berrypicking. It's not that we couldn't eat meat, it was just quite hard to hunt. As a Rabi, our people are quick and agile but weak. But we survived without meat.

For years, we've been staying in one place since we aren't a nomadic tribe. A normal morning, cheerful voices of the children, and the energetic tribe people doing their daily routine. No one could guess that, in the evening, bandits would show up.

Our tribe were attacked. They killed the elders and the men while most women were kept as slaves. There is nothing I could do. I was losing hope. For months, our number kept decreasing either some being sold or died.

I've thought of suicide but, there are some children among us that I couldn't leave alone. So I hold on to, whatever is left of it, of my life. In the end, we were separated. I was sold off to a merchant and was put to sleep for days only to woke up in a weird room filled with even more slaves.

I witnessed something... terrible. Something that I wish I didn't see at all. 'Experiment', they would say. They don't even care if it was a kid or a woman, they put them through a horrible experience that 100% led them to their death. It's strange to say this but, death would be much better for them rather than the opposites, after that 'experiment'.

If not death, they would turn into a monster, a grotesque monster that mindlessly attacks anyone nearby. I couldn't bear to watch it and wanted to help but something restricted me from moving. It suffocated me, burned me from the inside, and felt like my body was chained to a mountain. The slave mark. I wasn't put on a choker but instead branded with a strange looking mark.

I felt disgusted but thanks to the 'failed' experiment, we were imprisoned somewhere like sewage. I don't even know where I was. My mind was a mess. I wasn't in the state of mind to care for others. People were crying, cuddling to each other, and there I was, isolating myself in the corner. Confusion, anger, sadness, various emotions were surging me like a wave of tsunami. I was drowned in my sorrow.

That is when my life turns for the better. A hero, or so he looked like. Cutting both criminals who locked us up. There was no hesitation. He was so young, even younger than me. He is my Master.

My life, no, our life was never the same since then. Not only did he save us, he offered us jobs. The one where we properly got paid even though we were just a slave.

"Are there any of you who want to return to their family or home?"

Was what the Master offered us before offering us jobs. At first, no one could respond to the Master's question. Then, he adds,

"Of course, I will help you return to your family safely but, if it was too far from here, I can't help you right away"

Of course, right? That was obvious. Helping a mere slave to get to their home that located far from the city would be impossible. Or so I thought.

"But with time, when I located your family or your home, I will inform you and help you return"

"!!"

Everyone was surprised by what the Master said. Yes, me too. I don't know what came of me and I just raised my hand.