Vol 4 - Chapter 10 [Meeting the First Otherworlder!]

**This is a bit long of a chapter so... hope you enjoy it!
**P.S. There will be a few swear words, hope you don't mind it!

Musha can handle the frontline just fine but she wasn't really suited as a vanguard; Misha is able to support the frontline with her throwing dagger while also keeping the rearguard safe with her skill and magic; Yeli is a capable support even if she's able to use offensive magic, I told her to focus on supporting instead of using offensive magic.

Their composition would be completed if they have a shield user, an archer, and a mage that specializes in offensive magic. Me? Unfortunately, our level is too far apart, and I don't want to hinder their growth by always hunting together.

Anyway, I looked at the map and saw the gray dot has gone deeper into the cave, leaving us here. That gray dot was an undead bat. I have dispatched several slimes to go deeper into the cave and scout the place ahead of time.

"Should we skin them?"

"No. They've been demonized. All of their parts are cursed except their core, the crystal in their body"

"Then, should we get the crystal?"

Musha and Misha took out their skinning knives but I immediately stopped them.

"I will show you how to take out the crystal first"

Instead, I showed them the way to harvest the crystal. I took out a healing potion, it doesn't matter the grade and poured a few droplets on the place where the heart was.

"It's dissolving!?" (Yeli)

"The demonized monsters are naturally monsters with a cluster of miasma in their body but after they die, that miasma affects their whole body and tries to turn them into undead. This is why using any type of healing potion will work dissolving their skin"

Then I took out the purple crystal from the body and kept it in a pouch before storing it in my [Infinite Storage]. The crystal is called [Miasmic Crystal: 100%]. The percentage represents the amount of mana/miasma that can be utilized before it turns to dust.

The girls saw what I did and imitated me. We collected all 11 miasmic crystals and then went deeper.

"So this is what a cave looks like..." (Yeli)

"Is this your first time, Yeli?" (Musha)

"Yes! I've been staying in the castle for as long as I can remember. Since I met Arlan, I've been experiencing new things one after the other. Thank you, Arlan" (Yeli)

"Well, I only following your selfishness" (Arlan)

"Hey! You should've just said 'You're welcome!' there!" (Yeli)

We talked along the way, joking around, and listening to Yeli's story about the life of a princess. Musha and Misha didn't have any experience in interacting with royalties other than Yeli, so they talk casually to her. Listening to her stories actually fascinated the both of them and they listened to her story very seriously. Well, Misha half understood the story but she still listened to it carefully.

10 minutes later. We found man-made stairs going down deeper into the mountain core. There is no trap detected and the monsters are still away deeper into the cave so it was a safe staircase. There is still no light source at all. Even the wall torch in the cave has no torch hanging on it. The miasma also becomes denser as we go deeper.

"Yeli, keep up the detection magic. Musha and Misha too, keep your guard up"

"""Yes!"""

The monsters are still 100 meters away but well, I don't want them to let their guard down while in a place like this. And soon after, the girls detected the monster when they were 20 meters away. The monsters are right next to the corner up ahead.