Vol 2 - Chapter 21 [Before The Arrival]

"Hey sister, how much are these potions?"

"I'm looking for some antidotes, do you have some?"

"I want to exchange some potion bottles, how much can I get from these?"

Each and every customer has their own objective of visiting the store. Without even being flustered by the swarm of customers, the lady store handles it perfectly.

"A low-grade health potion is about 20 silver, so everything is 140 silver coins"

"We do have antidotes, but may I ask what kind of antidotes? Detoxify-all antidotes, snake's venom antidotes, or venomous spider antidotes?"

"Yes, please put on the box here and put your name on it, I will assess it right away"

The busy and crowded store quickly handled the customer one after another. Soon, the store became quieter in a few minutes.

Now, there are only a handful of people in the store still looking through some items. The store's main product is potion, but it also sells raw herbs.

Leaning back on the chair she's sitting at, she's thinking of something far from the potion. It was about the people that she cares about.

How are they? Musha and Misha haven't eaten their breakfast, I hope they can hold it.

Instead of worrying about their safety, she's instead worrying about their stomach. That is understandable, because...

That man is with them, so I guess I don't have to worry about them, but still, I hope there are no casualties. I can give some potions to treat the injured one but I just hope for the best.

Not even a single look of worry in her eyes about the man she was talking about. She knows that the person she was thinking about is truly strong, maybe even unbeatable in her eyes. But since she doesn't have any ability to help the man in battle, she can only pray from the back.

"...ya. Miss Saya!"

"Eh? Ah, miss Triddle! I'm sorry I dozed off"

"Don't worry about it. You must be thinking about Arlan, aren't you?"

"Well..."

The store owner, Saya, was dozing off until a glasses girl came into the store with all her business manners. She always maintains her disinterest expression for everything when she's in business manner mode. But for some reason, her expression is a bit loose when she met Saya today.

"I'm also worried. I heard the total number of monsters in today's subjugation is reaching a thousand in number. Can 150 people actually subjugate such forces though? It has been bugging me since yesterday. There are some strong figure in that subjugation party like the leader of the Holy Knight from the Kingdom and a faction of Monster Subjugator Faction joining, but I'm still worried"

Hmm? She hasn't mentioned Arlan, is it possible that Arlan hasn't shown his strength?

Hearing miss Triddle talking about today's subjugation, Saya shows a confused expression.

"What's wrong, miss Saya?"

"Ah, no, have you heard about Arlan?"

"That womanizer adventurer?"

"W-womanizer?"

"Yeah, he's always with several girls when taking quests. I even saw him with a new girl when I bought some necessities in the market. Truly, what a womanizer!"

Eh? What? No, I don't think Arlan is such a person though. The girls that he's with during the quest are probably Misha, Musha, and Kelyn while the new girl is probably the princess... Wait, now that I think about it, Arlan does look like a womanizer...