Vol 2 - Chapter 15 [Subjugation Quest 4]

W-what was that ridiculous magic!?

Is there someone that has a high-level magician!?

There is no way!

"What's that!? Oi, did you casted that magic, Gira?"

"There's no way it was me! I'm busy casting barriers here!"

I already made sure to check every single member of the knight, there's no one who could possibly casted such ridiculous magic! Then, who is it?

Since the bombardment stopped, I can cast a small barrier for now. I want to check who's at the knights' side. Is it that guy?

As I was trying to figure out what was that just now, the field gradually became clearer from magic and dust.

I can see the leader of the knight giving command to her subordinate. I'm sure she isn't capable of casting that magic earlier, so I scan the area more.

Who are those girls, the one on the tree and the one that stands like a statue expressionless?

I've never seen them befo—wait, that delicate mana inside their body, flowing flawlessly within their body, not to mention the pure mana it produces, there's no way! They are spirits!?

"Then who was it!?"

"It's them"

I pointed my hand toward those girls, the girls that I mentioned earlier.

"Huh? Who are they?"

"Your question is a bit off, boss. It's 'What', not 'Who'. They are spirits"

"Spirits? What's that?"

Ugh... this is why I hate brawn-but-no-brain people.

"Spirit is an immortal race, most people refer to them as 'Fairy'. They exist alongside elements in this world. They are basically gender less, but they will take an appearance resemble close to their Master desire or in the rarest occasion is the spirit's desire body"

"Ah, I heard about this 'Fairy' thing before, I guess an old merchant told me once before"

"Yes, a fairy. Naturally, they don't have any will, they are existing and floating aimlessly in the air. One thing for sure, no one can see them without the [Spirit-seeker] ability, most famous and rare ability that can only born from an elf"

"Huh? Although you still haven't explained to me how they can produce such an explosion, how come they appeared here? And we can even see them"

"I don't know about it. And for that explosion earlier, that magic was consist of nature magic and earth magic, I can guarantee it since I saw the magic flow from it and comparing it with their magic, no, their respective element"

In that case, there is someone capable of summoning them, making a contract with them, and 'nurturing' them until this stage. I don't know on what stage they are right now, but since they could produce such an explosion with just the both of them, they can easily surpass any expert or veteran magician.

That in itself is already ridiculous! Then, what about their master!? Isn't that person can be considered to have inhuman strength!?

Drawing the line from what I had gathered in the past few days, the only one that fit my speculation is that adventurer, the one that the boss tried to invite over.

Arlan, was it? Is he using the same [Fake Status] magic as me? Is there something that he doesn't want people to find out?

"Anyway, this is our chance! Charge! Don't spare any monster!"