Vol 2 - Chapter 5 [Joint Monsters]

"Right, but it was not just for that simple reason. We heard from a travelling merchant somewhere in this kingdom has appear a joint between goblin, orc, and lizardous attacking people along the road from Saiga Kingdom to Dormant Kingdom"

So, it was a joint force huh? It wasn't like it's impossible for monsters to join forces but rather that kind of thing appears in an odd chance.

I thought it would be just one kind of lord to appear, but rather, it was 3 kings at once. On top of that, there is lizardous join in.

Lizardous is basically just a lizard type monster. Different from beastfolk of lizard-man that have thick skin and mastered in spear art-style, lizardous have a high-speed movement when around a swamp area while their fangs are sharp and also poisonous to the point that even one scratch could numb your body.

There are some various cases when some monsters join forces on an odd occasion. The highest and the most 'common' reason for this is from the existence of the kings of each monster. While there is another possibility like the control of a demon lord, but as far as I know, such a thing won't appear at any time soon.

"Is that so? To think such 'joint force' exist nearby"

This Monster Subjugator faction was coming from the west so it was making sense they would stop by in this city since the road from Dormant Kingdom to Saiga Kingdom is on the east side of the Dormant Kingdom.

"Yeah, we're planning to resupply here and continue the march the day after tomorrow. We are also in the middle of gathering information but it seems there is no quest regarding this so while we're at it we also want to increase our strength if, by any chance, there are some people interested"

"This joint force of monster really troublesome but fortunately, there is no town or village near the border between Dormant Kingdom and Saiga Kingdom"

"Oh, you are familiar with the kingdom that well? How is it? Do you want to join the faction?"

Geh! To think she would bring such an invitation in the middle of discussing something troublesome. What a cunning faction.

Well not that I try to run from this 'joint force of monster' incident. This is a troublesome incident if I may be honest here. I've been subjugating monsters this far by myself, even to the point of a group of common monsters that make a nest near a town or some villages.

Should I join them or just subjugate it by myself? I guess...

"Hmm, I will help the subjugation, but I won't join your faction, so, sorry for rejecting"

"Achaa~ I got rejected as well eh~"

I want to see their way of operation and how to determine their action in subjugating monsters, so I'm just going to tag along in subjugating those monsters. Joining a faction, as I guess, is a troublesome thing.

Hmm, I've been using the word 'troublesome' to the point it was troublesome to say it over and over again. This encounter is really unexpected.

"Alright, the schedule is the day after tomorrow, right? In that case, I will take this quest for the time being. If there is something urgent, you can find me in this store in this street"

I showed her the map of the city that I took out from my 'bag' and pinpoint Saya's store. After she took a note of the map and nodded her head, I gave my farewell to her and her companions who are still busy with their leader fighting with their companion.

I mean, can you please stop already? I can understand that the dwarf has high stamina and strength, but this Lida, as human, you're quite a human-orc eh? I guess I will also secretly apologize to Miss Triddle for such an incident.