Too Good For Me.

He put his arm around her, trying to calm her down but she wasn't ready yet. 

She kept shouting, "Don't you dare think this is gonna silent me!!"

He passed a sad smile and forcefully made her sit down. Then he cupped her face,

 "Dear, I never meant to hurt you." He said looking into her black eyes.  

"I..I thought, you will be happy for me. I dreamt of us celebrating this moment of joy together!" He exclaimed with excitement visible in his eyes.

"But that isn't the case now." He sighed in despair.

"Never mind, if you want I will... I will deny the promotion." He offered kindly, looking down.

With a slight frown on her face, she asked, "And you wish me to believe that?"

He looked Surprised for a moment but then continued, "Don't you trust me, haa?"

She crooked her eyebrows and laughed it off, "Don't just joke with me!"

These words hurt him to the core of his heart. He had given all his love to her and trusted her, more than himself. But she was too selfish to understand his feelings.

"I-It is.. not a joke." He stammered.

"Oh, It is!" She looked unimpressed. "I mean, you'll leave the job offer, for.. umm.. for me?"

He shook his head, "Yes, I will. Not only for you, but for us, if that's for the better..."

She shot at glare at him, in response.

He held her soft hands and squeezed them assuringly, "I can anything for you, us."

She still couldn't believe him. It was not expected.

"So...umm, I guess I should tell Sir no for it..." He spoke after a few minutes.

She just looked down, "I am s-sorry. But umm...It's not gonna work either way."

This took him by surprise.

"Look, if you deny it and stay back, you will suffer in your career and the frustration will anyhow end up on our relationship. And if you leave me, I don't think we can mend it." She explained with a sad face.

"W-what do you mean?"

"It's just that... Let's end things." It was cruel of her to be so selfish. When her man is thinking of giving up golden opportunities, there she is, worrying about herself.

He felt a sharp pain in his heart- It had shattered into a million pieces. He closed his eyes to absorb the pain, but some wounds can never be healed. Tears rolled down his cheeks. Words failed to leave his throat for they were lumped inside.

"W-why?" is all what came out.

She looked at his state with pity, "I'm not worthy of your trust...You...You are too good for me."

Saying so she left. She left just like that, leaving him behind with his broken heart and shattered dreams 

                                                       Too Good For Me.

A/N: I know, I know I was late... I was busy in studies and all. So I couldn't make out time to type the story...

Anyways, do let me know if you liked the story or not. And please vote, if you don't. And a bada wala thank you to all of you.