Piya re

The cool water washed my feet like the artist's paint strokes. My feet in the lake, my hand buried in the sand, and my soul drowned in the thoughts of someone. It was a part of the break I had been taking from my otherwise bright schedule. A break, from the shackles of the chaotic life of an artist. Oh, how I had longed for this trip! And now that, it was here, my mind is busy in its own thoughts, and heart in its own abode.

I can't help but wonder, where this poor heart of mine would wander, had I let it go before. Maybe, I would have been one of those heart-broken lovers, I always have written about, and  sung for. Even, a few days back, the mere thought of universalizing this context with my own, would have been a distant dream. But today, it does not really sound so bad. I would want to face love, and its consequences, if it meant being a step closer to what my heart wants right now. I would want to be one of those Diwanas, and then those heartbroken Aashiqs.

When I look up at the moon, I imagine her face, and when I listen to the birds chirping, I hear her calling my name. When I sense the leaves rustling, I feel her hands brushing over mine. Every aspect of the Nature, reminds me of her, and this reminiscence is nothing but the naivety of my love-stricken heart. I had always thought that these were just words of poetry, and metaphors. I could never imagine this to be actually happening to ordinary people. But am I shocked? No, nothing is impossible in love, and this is a living proof to that. 

All I have to decide now, is whether to listen to this new love-stricken version of me, or the old rational one. In the end, it is me who is put to stake, and my career. I can allow myself to be let swayed away by this newfound love, and if I do so, I have to make sure that I am ready for it. I can't choose between love and career, but what I have to, is make a priority, and that is exactly what is scaring me. 

I will someday, regret if I don't listen to my heart, and maybe I would regret if I let my actions be governed by my heart. It is all, a little too fast for me, and I am having trouble taking any decision, knowing how much of a difference it can make for me, and her as well. I believe everyone has to go through it someday, and either embrace their decision, or regret it. I don't want to regret my choice, and hence I would do what I love to do- write a song, compose one and I know that it will be a relief to what my heart is going through.

And that's exactly I did, and I know that I am sure with my decision. Even if it is wrong, it wouldn't hurt to make a mistake, that pleasures my heart. It wouldn't be wrong to actually take a break that would leave me with memories, and maybe one day, those memories will be a part of my very own life, and she will no longer be just a 'memory', and instead the piya(lover) I had so longed for, in my life.