To Hold You

Drenched in the rain, there he was standing in the middle of the road, letting the rain drops soak up his tears. When no one was there to share his sorrow, to hold him up, rain was the promise, the last hope for him. All the memories flashed before his eyes and a lone tear escaped. Her beautiful face, that smile which had the ability to light up the darkest of hours, her presence, her essence, her voice, her everything left an ever lasting impression on him. He tried... tried a lot... to forget, to love again, but a part of his heart couldn't comply. He seemed lost, lost in the love he carried in heart for her. Nothing mattered to him more than her. But she was gone, too soon. He had tried, tried his best not to let go of her, ever but life had other plans. With time she slipped away in the crowd of people.

Flashback:

"I'll be there, Darshan, right beside you, always" She promised as she held his hands and squeezed them gently.
He tried to hold his tears but they betrayed him and found way through his eyes. 
"I'm here, I am still here." She mouthed with a faint smile which didn't last long.
He stretched his arms as if to hold her, hold her forever, but it was already too late to hold her, She had left, left this world and him.

*Flashback ends* 

The raindrops rolled down his face, washing off the tears of his eyes, but not the tears of agony which still prevailed in his heart.

A/N- Wish you all a very happy Navratri and Durga Puja, enjoy the festive season with Dhol Bajaa (It's an amazing song!).