Tears of Life

It was him. It was indeed him. Drenched in the pouring rain, there he was standing in the middle of the road. He was hurt, his eyes portrayed it. Tears rolled down his eyes which seemed almost indistinguishable from the rain. Afterall rain itself is the tears of the clouds. 

She just stared at him for sometime and felt sorry. He had scars not only on his body, but all over his heart. His eyes no longer showed the warm emotions of love and care, they are ice-block-cold. He was unrecognizable at this moment. He was no longer the person she knew. 

He searched her lips for the smile which was his solace in the darkest of hours. But it was gone too soon. Her innocence had faded with time, and maturity was visible on her face, which he pretended to ignore, but deep down was guilty. 

The mere glass window of the car separated the two at this moment, while the whole world had made it's mission to detach the two earlier. When they were together, in the bygone days, even hours of togetherness seemed so less. But now seconds seemed to be an eternity. 

They were stuck, stuck in deep thoughts, seeking answers, answers for everything they have been through, in life, the brutal life they are a part of. While they were engrossed in each other's eyes, the epitome of truth, the signal turned green. All the cars blew their horns and resumed their journey. Amidst the noise and chaos, they exchanged just one look and went their own paths, reassuring themselves, they will meet again, which they knew would never be true for they had already resumed their own journeys, journey of life.

The reason was obvious. They were swept away by the flow of time and its flood of people.

                                                    -----THE END----

A/N- So, I am late, very late. I was quite busy in my academics, for the past one and a half month, exams and syllabus all were eating my head like crazy and I had no time to type the stories. Also amidst the pressure and tension, it was pretty much difficult to make up new plots. But here I am now with a rather shorter short story. Do read it and express your views on it. AND AND AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY DO LISTEN TO BAARISHON MEIN, ITS A REALLY BEAUTIFUL SONG AND IT DESERVES ALL YOUR LOVE AND APPRECIATION. <3