Letting Go- Part 2

Her POV-

Darshan did not seem excited for me, neither yesterday, nor today. But I completely understand why he feels so. It is hard me as well, to leave him behind, this life behind to a completely foreign land where I know no one. It is going to be difficult for both of us, but we will manage. We have to manage.

Author's POV:

(She lands on Germany. With a big smile plastered over her face and a spark of zeal in her eyes. She reaches her allotted apt. and calls Darshan.)

Darsh- Heyy! You've reached... Germany.

Her- Yesss. I am so happy to be here.

Darsh- Yes, you should be. You are a leap closer to fulfilling your dream as a journalist. I am so happy for you.

Her- (Smiling) Yes, thank you. It would never have been possible without you. I love you.

Darsh- I love you too.

(They hang up. Darshan can't help but feel a bit distant, not because of the distance but the fear of her drifting apart. This 'fear' increases day by day and the duration of their calls decrease. She is growing distant from him, just as she is comming closer to her dream. )

After a few months-

Her- I don't know if he still feels the same way about me... We haven't talked for over a week now.

 Hertha- Girl, stop complaining, and call him. If you don't try to contact him, how can you think that he would. It is a long distance relationship, V. You have to put in a lot more effort.

Her- Yes... You are right... But maybe, calling him is what I fear the most? He is the sweetest, the most supportive boyfriend, my emotional support, but maybe it is me who isn't worthy of his love.

Hertha- V... V, do you not love him anymore?

Her- I don't know, Hertha. I really don't.... (Tears start rolling down her cheeks) 

Hertha- (Embracing her in a hug) Look, V... Whatever you decide, whatever you choose, make sure you do it at the earliest. The longer you take, the more damage you cause, to both of you, to the beautiful relationship of yours.

She knows really well that she can not hold onto a relationship that can neither make any of them happy, nor allow them to be themselves. The relationship that was blooming all along has lost its essence, as soon as she had started focusing on herself and her journey in life. Was it her fault, to have left him behind, or was it his fault to have stayed behind? Or is it, them fault to blame themselves, for something that is inevitable?