Good bye

He waited until her friends left the room. "So, what's it?" She asked, "What's so important that you believe I need to leave behind a conversation and listen to it?"
He was looking down and couldn't meet her eyes. "I really didn't mean to cut your conversation off, especially when it's your friends" He looked sad, and above all hurt. "But, I just wanted to say 'goodbye'... A final one."
She stared at him in shock, but composed herself, because she knew about this, even though he hadn't told her himself. But she really had no idea how time swept by so fast. She just looked at him. With a crackly voice, he managed to say, "I'm leaving the school." He wanted to keep a smile on his face, but tears lined his eyes. 
She had to look away in order to hold back her tears. A heavy silence surrounded them.
"But I'll remember you." He said, promisingly. "You were my first love, afterall." 
She looked at him, feeling sorry, and empty. The silence envelopes them, once again, until it's broken by some of his friends who come looking for him. They had heard the conversation, it seemed, "He says he loves 'Inspiration' everyday." They joked.
"First love is contagious" He paused, "It's not what I said, but our class-teacher did, and I agree."
"Good luck, " She said with a low voice, "for life." They looked at each-other for a brief moment before exchanging a smile, maybe the final one.

A/N- Goodbyes are really hard. I still can't believe how quick grade 8 flew by. But as they say, memories stay... <3