Letting Go- Part 3

It was neither of their faults, nor was it the fault of the distance. It was, in fact, the collision between love and work. She had to make a choice, for she obviously couldn't make both her priority. 

She walks up to the balcony and dials his number. 
Darsh- Hey...

Her- Hi Darsh...an

Darsh- Is everything okay? You didn't call for over a week.

Her- You did not call either.

Darsh- I sent you a dozen of messages, which you didn't answer to. Every time I call you, either you are too busy to pick up or too tired to talk. So, I figured that texting would be the solution. 

(After a long pause)

Darsh- But it is not, unfortunately. I hoped that you would call me, if I stopped trying from my end, for once. And I waited, patiently. Now, look, you've called me 'on your efforts'.

Her- I... I am sorry.

Darsh- There is nothing to be sorry about. You didn't do anything to be sorry about, and perhaps your 'not doing anything' is what is distancing us further. And no number of sorry is going to bridge the gap between us.

Her- (Tears rolling down her cheek) I have... I have messed this up. And now, I don't know how to make this right.

Darsh- You don't have to set things right... Vidhi, it has been a great pleasure to be with you all these years, to have been able to explore the world together, our little world, but I think it is time for you to let it go and for me to let you go. 

Her- (She sobs, rethinking all her decisions, blaming herself for everything) I...

Darsh- You should focus on your job, your work and your dream. Wish you nothing but the best in life. 

And then he hung up. He knew that it was going to be nothing, but difficult on both of them. He was left with no other choice, than to let her go. If he didn't initiate it, they would have ended up  a spending their entire life trying to tie a broken thread. It was for the better that they let go of each-other, perhaps because they never owned each-other. 

Author's note- This is the end to the story 'Letting go' completed in 3 parts. I hope you all liked it. If you do, kindly vote for it. It means a lot to me. 💙