2

Elina and Calum grew closer until one day, Calum decided that he wanted to take things further. Elina, though he had never seen her in real life, was the prettiest girl he had ever seen and still is. The way she laughed at his jokes warmed his heart. Little did she know that she brought back the butterflies inside him that he thought died long, long ago.

He was determined to know her better and there was nothing else he could think about but Elina. It had been years since Calum opened his heart to someone. It took him months to get over his first love. Perhaps even years. Maybe there's a reason why 500  Days of Summer is Calum's favourite movie. He, to this day still believes that there's nothing that could make you happier than finding the one. 

Calum thought that maybe it was too early to say if he loved her. Maybe she was just interesting. Calum walked back and forth in his living room until he reached to a conclusion. He took out his phone and texted Elina.

"What are you up to?"

 "Nothing much, what about you?" Elina replied.

Calum took a deep breath.

"I want to tell you something but only if you promise not to laugh."

"Tell me."

"I like you. I know we've never met in person but I really think that we would be good together. This might be too soon for you but I genuinely like you, Elina. I promise that I'll make you happy. From what you told me about your past relationship, I know you'll find it hard to trust somebody new. But Elina, I'll treat you right. You know, I really want to meet you someday and ask you out properly,  but I'm so into you. It's hard for us to meet. We're still students and we live quite far from each other. I really, really like you. So Elina, will you be my girlfriend?" Calum poured his heart out.

Elina was too stunned to reply. Truth to be told, she felt the same way about Calum. But wouldn't she look too desperate if she agreed to go out with Calum immediately?

And so she told Calum to give her some time to think when deep down, she knew the answer will always be yes.

The next day, Elina called Calum to tell him the words he had been dying to hear.

Yes.

And Calum smiled brightly for the first time in a long time.