7

Adeline noticed Calum running as he was rushing to catch his bus to school. Calum just got elected as student body president. But something had been bothering him lately. He wanted to know what Elina was up to, but he was scared to do text her. He had so much responsibilities, especially after he got elected. So, he did the hard part. 

No, didn't want to be reminded of Elina and yes, he loved her and missed her that his heart could've burst. He couldn't keep on going if Elina keep appearing in his thoughts every time he woke up until he fell asleep. He took out his phone and holding back his tears, he deleted his chat with Elina, blocked her everywhere and deleted any evidence that Elina ever existed in his life. There's more to life than Elina. 

Was meeting Elina a mistake? Was it really a mistake when Elina did so much for him and made him a happier person when they were still together? 

"If I ever meet you again, I'll never let you go again, Elina," Calum said in his heart.

He had to move on and live his life like she never existed. She was the reason he smiled but at that moment, nothing hurt more than memories of her. Calum felt hate, not because Elina was a bad person, but because how much Elina impacted his life. She left his heart hollow. Empty. Calum was sure that Elina would find someone new anyway, so there was no point of waiting. Their relationship would never work out. 

"I'm sorry, Elina. I didn't realize how mean I could be and maybe you win the 'I love you more' game. This is for the best. For the both of us. I don't think you'd wait for me. And I don't think you should even if you will. We've got so much ahead of us and I can't hurt myself by waiting for you and find out a few years later that you've found a new guy. I can't afford getting hurt again. I'm scared. So let us just end things here. I want you to remain as my most beautiful memory. I don't want to paint you as a bad memory. Let's just end things like we never met. And I promise you Elina, if one day we finally meet, I promise that I'll come back to you. You'll always have a special place in my heart. I'm sorry for promising that I'd never abandon you. But I didn't lie when I said I'll love you forever..." Calum thought in his mind before dozing off on the seat.

At the same moment, Elina was bleeding. She tried to escape through wrist cut. She felt numb. She needed to feel something. Something painful enough to keep Calum from coming back in her mind.

The radio on Elina's desk played a song that made her burst into tears.

"We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
As you drive me to my house

I can't stop these silent tears from rolling down

You and I both have to hide

On the outside where I can't be yours and you
Can't be mine
But I know this
We got a love that is homeless

Why can't I hold you in the street?

Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

Why can't I say that I'm in love?

I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

It's obvious you're meant for me

Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face
But we know this, we got a love that is homeless
Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours."

(Secret Love Song pt. II by Little Mix)

Elina had decided. She would take the chance of two percent of the relationship succeeding. Calum meant everything to her.