8

Elina screamed in joy when she received the acceptance for her dream college. Her hard work finally paid off. She became her school's valedictorian too. She grabbed her phone and called Dlyna and Winslet. She felt grateful that she had amazing friends. 

"Guys! Guess what?! I got into Oxford!"

Dlyna and Winslet congratulated her. They saw how much Elina had suffered through senior year, dealing with a broken heart while still trying to become the school's valedictorian. They both tried their best to never mention Calum's name. He never reached out to her ever since. At first, Elina would always try to stalk Calum's account using her burner account. 

Little did she know that Calum, though never contacted Elina directly ever since, would always ask about Elina to Winslet. Calum told Winslet to never tell Elina. He wanted Elina to forget him, but he needed to know that Elina was alright.

"So Elina, when are you flying for Surrey?"

"I'm flying this 25th January. Taking Emirates."

Elina had never been so excited. She imagined herself at the airport like a main character in movies. She chuckled to herself. That was when someone she hadn't thought of for so long crossed her mind.

"Fuck... how long has it been...I miss him..." Elina uttered

25th January. Calum's birthday. She wondered if Calum still lived at the same address. She opened the e-commerce app on her phone a purchased a box of cookies, posted to Calum's address that she kept in her phone long time ago.

She hoped that Calum still lived at the same address. She remembered when she used to bake cookies and post it to Calum on his birthday. Elina was never a good baker but when Calum received the cookies she baked for him, he acted like it was the most scrumptious thing he ever ate in his life.

Elina missed Calum's smile. She tried her best to forget him, but it never worked. The more she pushed him away, the harder it was to move on.

She packed her luggage and didn't forget one of her favourite things in the world. The matching necklace she got for herself and Calum.