6

Elina entered her class as usual on Wednesday morning. She sat on her chair, feeling all sorts of emotion. She zoned out while a song played in her mind.

"Lover, I know you're weary

There's a time from the night
Lover, come to the kitchen floor
Towels are cold, so am I

So take from me

What you want, what you need
Take from me
Whatever you want, whatever you need
But lover, please stay with me

Lover, I feel your sorrow

Pourin' out of your skin
I don't wanna be alone
If I end tonight, I'll always be."

(Lover, Please Stay by Nothing but Thieves)

She couldn't focus in Biology class. Her mind wandered, reminiscing her memories of Calum. 

"Elina? Please look at the front. Or else I'll have something not so nice to say during the parent-teacher meeting next week."

"Sorry Mrs Avery. I don't feel very well. May I go to the restroom, please?"

Mrs Avery sighed and gave Elina the permission.

Elina's walk to the restroom felt like a million miles. She couldn't get Calum out of her mind and as tears were about to fall, she wiped them with her sleeves. 

What if Calum falls out of love? What if Calum finds somebody new?

Those questions ran around that young lady's mind. She knew she can't be like this. She had to get things together. She has a whole life ahead of her. It was her dream to become a valedictorian. 

Suddenly, Dlyna walked in the restroom. Elina's friend of almost a decade came hugging Elina from the back.

"Are you okay, Elina? Did you break up with your boyfriend or something?" Dlyna questioned out of concern.

Elina forced a little smile and responded, "I'm fine, really. Just um.. My dad found out about Calum and I haven't talked to Calum since."

"Well, if that's the case, are you just going to wait for Calum? You do know that he's far and could easily find someone new. I don't want you to end up with a broken heart later on," Dlyna said.

"Well he DID promise me to love me for-" Elina responded, but Dlyna cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"For what? Forever? I know that you love him more than your life but let's be real, Elina. We're what? 16? And relationships at this age rarely work. I'm sorry but that's just reality. Do you really think that he loves you as much as you love him? He's a guy, Elina... I don't think this guy has the patience to stay loyal to you and not fuck other girls while you're gone. Even if he's actually waiting for you, I'm sure he's keeping his options open."

Elina felt pain in her chest after hearing Dlyna's painful but true words. Her vision started to become blurry and she felt her warm tears running down her cheeks.

"C'mon, let's go back to class. And try not to cry in class," Dlyna said as she pulled Elina's hand and walked with her to class.