3

Elina and Calum was the perfect teenage couple as seen in those movies of teenagers as its main demographic. Elina loved Calum and Calum loved Elina. No one in the world thought that there was anything that could tear them apart. Well, spoiler alert. Parents could.

"Morning babe!" Elina texted Calum when she woke up.

"Good morning beautiful. Can I call you? I miss your voice."

Calum didn't wait for Elina's response and immediately called her. Elina picked up and all anyone could here was two people in love being clingy and possibly would've made someone puke their cereal they had for breakfast.

Calum switched to video call and saw Elina's bare face and messy hair. 

"Cute," he thought to himself. 

Calum admired Elina's wavy, self bleached hair. Somehow Calum's and Elina's polar opposite features compliment each other.

Calum has dark, curly hair with his beautiful slanted eyes and sharp jawline. Calum stands at six  feet tall while Elina is barely 5 feet. 

Elina had always thought how it'd feel to hug Calum. Will she have to tip toe?

They might have the perfect not-so-long-distance relationship, but Elina forgot about one thing that might ruin all the happiness she had at that moment.

Her father. 

He warned Elina to never have a boyfriend until she graduates so that her studies won't be interrupted. As if Elina ever listened. Elina's dad was the reason why her previous relationship ended but she was too ashamed of the fact that she was 16 and still had those restrictions. So, she painted her ex as the bad guy. Elina couldn't bring herself to tell Calum about her father. She was afraid that Calum would leave her, ending the fantasy she was living in.

Calum, though far, made Elina happier than she had ever been her whole life. He made her feel safe and sound. Calum would call Elina until she falls asleep at night, just to make sure Elina sleeps well. He would also buy her food through food delivery whenever Elina got sick. 

Elina always find faults in other people but not with Calum. To her, Calum was too perfect to be true.

That night, Elina was supposed to be asleep. Instead, she called Calum and kept her voice low so no one would hear her and know that she was still up late at night.

And then the worst thing possible happened.

When Elina was on cloud nine talking about her dreams and hope to Calum, her father opened the bedroom door.