Chapter 2

Princess Pearl William 
Kingdom Kayaasa

"Your highness , his Majesty  , has requested for you downstairs " I nodded at the maid , making my way down .

"No , Princess Pearl , you need to uh change? " she said , nervously .

"Change? Why? " I asked , I just had to meet father and there wasn't any need to change .

She smiled , "Madam , I mean he wants you to meet someone , his known" she completed , I smiled and walked into the bathing room .

My maids, helped me get out of my gown and into the Rose steaming water tub , taking a deep breath , I laid there and got myself washed like an everyday routine.

Myrhh of vanillin was sprayed all over my body , flushing me with a tantalising fragrance . A green gown was pulled out , with a dark green corset , my  slippers and a contrasting head gear . Sitting on the chair , I was made presentable , my hair were conditioned with the steam of boiling water and kohl was put under my eyes making them look bigger . Gold bracelets and diamond anklets were tied respectively and my face was massaged , powered with Ayurveda plants and seeds , which made my skin shine a little . Oil was rubbed on my arms and legs , preventing dryness and I was finally led down .

Dignity and respect was all I needed , as mother used to tell me when I was four , for being a young Princess and then a Queen , respect is to be earned . She isn't here anymore , died of severe illness which no special could make out , tens of medicines and hybrid plants were used but none healed . So that leaves me with my father , I never had a sibling .

Father is always upset , worried of who might take the throne , he thinks that the people wouldn't accept a lady as their only leader , he doesn't understand . I'm twenty five , quite big , I think . I can control this kingdom , my priorities .

After descending down the stairs , I made my way out , where they all were sitting , to the Royal Garden . Fidgeting with my hands , I neared the table and looked up to get the biggest shock of my life , I hiccuped .

Our eyes locked and he smiled . No , this was not possible .. How can he be a known to father , I looked at father for an acquit explanation but he coughed .

"This is King Alexander James Ivan , my love , one of the best kings with the best kingdom and son , this is-"

"Pearl " King Alexander completed and smiled . He knew my name ? oh yeah he did . I was an idiot to address myself the other day , that's about a week ago . I was motioned to sit next to him , hesitating but giving up I made myself suit in the far corner of the connected seat , to which I could see the King smirk , self centred .

Cups of tea were laden and I started serving it to each , father smiled while the King smiled , no . This wasn't , what I was taught . Respect for opposite gender was very important . After a long silence of tea sips , clinking of the spoons , the sugar and seat setting , Father started introducing us to each other . Things were complicated , tension increased , the umbrella above us prevented the sunlight to shine upon our faces , which I was not thankful for , because I had to look in the eye of the great , ambitious King as father called him about some time ago . The most strange and frustrating part was father talked about him like he knew him since years , about his blood line , his great great grand fathers .

After about some time , father looked nervous , he coughed and asked Me and King Alexander to get to know each other . I groaned but couldn't go against my father's orders in front of any guest , as the rule book stated .

~

"You have a lovely voice and amazing dance steps " he said , while walking around the hedges , me on his left , but to a great distance .

"Thanks " I whispered .

"So tell me about you?" He asked

"We don't know each other , so it's better not to discuss about me" I snapped .

He hummed but never replied . We kept walking for so long , until father called me inside with him .

He gave , King Alexander a look which couldn't be read , even though I tried , but it stated scary... Something bad?

"Pearl , I know it's - it's fast but ... I can't , you're alone and I know , these cunning ministers of mine would never let you live as a Queen , alone.. When I was with your mother , things became less difficult but adventurous instead . When we were together , we always helped each other and you're alone , finding someone worth your time , perfect for you in such a less time is difficult " -

"Wait , what do you mean by less time?" I asked , suspicious .

"This is seriously a great problem so-"

"No! What is it , father" I said , raising my voice .

"Pearl I've decided-"

"What have you planne-" I was cut of by his rudeness and let's say not a great news .

"I've decided Ivan is great for you , you are gonna marry him" he shouted , sighing in the end .

I was stunned . That was fast ...

"I know what you're thinking , but about some days ago , when I went to a King Mufasa's feast , there were many more Kings and respected nobles present , everybody knew that I had no son so they all suggested me measures which I could take to prevent the downfall of my kingdom then finally this great man asked if he could marry you , I agreed because he wanted another kingdom under his rule , solving my one problem and also you won't be alone . I'm too old , there's no guarantee of me being alive for so long . He's a great one , imagine being the king at fifteen , managing everything , which even I couldn't do , please " he pleaded .

"But , father .." I trailed of , this was so wrong .

"You know I don't like him , I don't even know him . It's so wrong , you know everything about me , about my life and what I told you" I shouted , not caring if the King could hear it from inside.

"Pearl.." Father warned .

"You promised" I shouted , rubbing tears from the back of my hand .

"Pearl , no . That's not possible , He is a King! He has that in his blood line , he's richer , far better , even better than us! Think about it and , and he can manage my kingdom after me !" He shouted , no he didn't .

"What do you mean by that?" I asked , whispered .

"No- nothing" he whispered back and looked away .

Taking a step towards him , I grabbed his hand . "Swear , swear that something's not wrong" I whispered with anger , radiating out . My eyes red , I wanted the truth .

"Say everything's perfect" I croaked out . He pulled his hand away and bit his lip , closing his eyes and taking a deep breath , tears shedding out . "What is it!" I shouted , with adrenaline , in my blood . Nothing bad , Pearl . Keep the negative thoughts aside . Right in the corner where it decays ..

"I've , I've got the plague" he whispered and my world stopped .

No ..

-----
Thanks to the people who liked it !
Prabhleen ~