Chapter 16

King Alexander Ivan

Last night we returned from Kingdom Kayaasa , tired . The Izare festival , a well renowned enticing feast changed my thoughts about the Kingdom , even if it was not too big and lavishing like ours' , it still managed to enlighten all of me . The dancing girls , who presented amazing steps to us . The archers , with perfect skilfulness. The sword fighters and the acrobats who did not miss any chance to prove not only their own but also their Kingdom's might . Simply I was really impressed . After attending the whole feast , we had some important matters taken up and worked on . After getting fully successful and satisfied , we took of from Kayaasa , the day , that is yesterday itself . Pearl wanted to stay but she did not try to defy my orders .

Wearing my robe and massing my head , I walked to the small window of my domus , settling my gaze I saw Pearl with her maids , sitting on a carpet and feeding the pigeons , some sat around her while the others flew around her , touched her , making her laugh in mirth . Her long black hair , touching the ground , while she kept sitting . Her jewels reflected the sun's rays . Useless , was all I thought .

Aiden entered my domus , shouting with happiness , making me flinch .

"So how are you this morning" he asked and smiled.

"Busy as always " I said and coughed whilst he raised his brows , coming near and patting my shoulder with his strong hands .

"So let us see what is it making you busy" he said and smirked , peeking from the window , he smiled and laughed .

"What?" I inquired of.

"I see , the pretty lady out there " he said and made an impressed look . I just rolled my eyes at his comment , shaking his head he laughed again , asking me to get ready he went out .

I turned to the basin kept aside not before taking one last look at Pearl .

~

"Ask Javed to make the arrangements for the meeting and do take care that nothing goes wrong" I ordered my guard , making him gulp and finally nod.

"Come on Ivan , just once " Aiden pleaded and once again I shook my head . Since the past hour , he had been pleading me to forgive Pearl and talk to her but I did not agree because it was not my mistake . Well , it was never my mistake . I gave her a chance , to which she did not - agree upon and I'm not merciful .

"I promise she won't trouble you from now " he said , walking beside me . We had been running from one place to another because there was a lot of work .

"No" I repeated and kept walking , fast. He sighed , knowing that I was too stubborn to agree on his part . But my curiosity got the best of me .

"What does Pearl say?" I asked , clearing my throat . He smirked .

"About what?"

"You know what I talking about , bastard " I said , he laughed.

"Okay , okay , she said that being a lady she should not apologise first but -" I stopped listening to him when I heard a clashing sound , I looked to my left , white curtains , flowing with the wind , Sword fight practicing area . I slowly pulled a curtain aside , seeing Pearl in all white , a white robe with white pants sticking to her slender legs , her head covered with white turban and also her face , practicing with Desmond . I smirked .

"What did she say Aiden" I asked , again.

"Being a lady she expects you to apologise first " I nodded at him , asking him to check the going on work . Giving a smart entry to the open place , filled with only white curtains and several marble pillars , I gave Desmond and Pearl a shock , tightening my robe , I nodded at Desmond to leave while I caught hold of his sword . I looked at Pearl , the place was empty , leaving only Pearl and me , I took circular paths around her , while she looked at me .

"My King , I feel it's time to take my league and let you practice alone" she said , turning , while I caught hold of her hand , "But I need a contender " I said , her breath hitched .

"Des-" , "No , I'd love if you fight against me " I stated .

"I cannot -" , "let's make a bet , if you win I'll do anything for you and if I win , you'll forgive me " I smiled .

She shook her head to a no . "You're scared that I'll win and you'll have to forgive me" I said , laughed . "Weak " laughing again , walking away when I heard her voice .

"Deal" her shout was ceased by the cloth over her face but high enough for me to hear , I smirked . Turning again , I positioned myself , getting ready .

She turned and twisted her sword , making an impressive position , legs apart , her feet strongly gripped the floor . I walked towards her aiming for her throat when I heard a clash , she defended . I made an impressed look while she threw a smug face at me . Losing no time , she used her skill to hit me with her sword but I ducked down .

This time making fast , we continuously attacked each other and even defended . The aura around kept warming . She turned and twisted , as in we found us near a marble pillar , her back touching it while I confronted her . She was tired , taking an advantage and not missing the chance to scare her I acted to pierce the sword inside her abdomen , making her gasp with fright , for a moment we stopped , I looked at her and touched my sword's tip to her covered chin , lifting her face , nearing her face , I was just about to remove the cloth , when she used her sword's tip to circle mine's handle , making the sword fall , she grunted .

I bent down to pick mine , standing up , she was not there anymore.. I looked around , alert , she had a quick move , I could hear her feet's voices but her white outfit and matching curtains made it difficult for me to distinguish . I walked and tip toed around , hiding behind each pillar , for once I saw her face , she squeaked , ran away .

I ran after her but got entangled up in the curtains , I huffed . She laughed from near by . When I got myself out , I shook my head at her , she gasped and ran , when I finally caught her , I used my sword , with full force to attack her turban , finally removing even the mask with it . Her black hair cascading down perfectly , her eyes sparkled of kohl . She shivered as I neared her , pulling up her sword she attacked but this time with full force , defending , I grabbed her free arm , turning her with it and pulling her into me , her back pressed to my chest . Her hand twisted at her back , silence fell around , her breath was heavy , "So , I win?" , she shook her head . I raised my brows to her confidence , pulling her more towards me , I blowed my breath in her ear , "Do I?" I whispered , she pushed me with her back , facing me again .

"I do not think so , My King" using her sword again she walked towards me but her long hair made it difficult for her , not missing any luck I entangled our swords , tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear when finally , with my power , I pushed her sword down , making it fall on the ground . She bent to pick it up , but I stopped her with my sword.

She bit her lip and looked at me again , I shook my head while her lips quivered , she let out a shaky breath . "You win" she whispered , getting uncomfortable . I smiled at her .
Lifting her chin by my fore fingers I , looked her in the eye , "Forgive me , My Queen" I whispered as she smiled . Red blush crept up on her face and she looked down , I smiled .

"You're Forgiven" she said and smiled . She clasped her hair with her hands at the back , using her ribbon she had , but I shook my head , she was bewildered , I pulled her hands aside , letting her hair down in natural waves .

_______________________________________________________

Enjoy! Vote please!
~ Prabhleen ~