Chapter 26: Rainy day

You sit by your windowsill, watching the boiling rain fall.

If anything of Nova was left on the ground, it's long gone now.

You haven't checked. You don't want to check.

Nova is dead.

You can't change that.

Hunter is out on a mission today, leaving you by yourself.

You open your scroll and open the Emerald Entrail group chat.

Nobody's said anything today.

You sigh and close the scroll again.

You're still scared to contact people.

After all, you don't want to end up like Raine.

...

You walk over to your closet, digging through it for a moment before pulling out your violin.

Your bard skills are pretty rusty. It can't hurt to get more training in, right?

Who knows what kinds of magic you'll need to use against Belos.

You take a deep breath and start to play.

A pinkish haze surrounds you and a few objects start floating around you.

Suddenly, they all fling across the room. Almost hitting you in the head.

"Gah!" You quickly duck down as a flower pot crashes into your wall, shattering on the ground.

Ok, maybe you need a lot more practice.

You suddenly hear a quiet chuckle and look up, seeing Raine standing in your doorway.

"Oh! Sorry. I didn't mean to laugh. You haven't done bard magic in a while, have you?" They ask.

You shake your head. "I kinda gave up on it after joining the emperors coven.." you mumble.

Raine thinks for a moment. "If you want me to, I can help you brush up on your skills. I have nothing to do today anyways." They offer.

You quickly nod. "Yes please."

They wave their finger, dropping their violin into their hands.

They help you practice for the next hour or so.

You even learn a few new tricks you didn't know before.

Raine taught you how to cancel someone else's spell just by playing one note.

Bard magic is honestly pretty impressive.

It really has been a while since you practiced bard magic.

You feel like you're back at Hexside, before you joined the emperors coven.

You eventually take a break from lessons.

You dig through your stuff for a minute before pulling out two juice boxes Hunter gave you.

You hand one to Raine and take a sip of your own, almost immediately gagging and trying to spit it up.

"Holy Titan this is bad- how is it possible to make juice this bad? Man, I really need to teach Hunter about better food options.." you mumble.

Raine chuckles. "Here." They hold out a hand and you give them the juice.

They quietly whistle over it and hand it back to you.

You hesitate for a moment before taking a sip.

It tastes.....