Family Headcannons: Names

- The family's full last name, "Sakurayashiki-Nanjo," is slightly hard to pronounce for people who aren't familiar with Japanese names, so they all usually just go by Nanjo.

- Kojiro adopted the name "Joe," because it was more westernized, and because he thought it sounded cool. ALSO, because there's a NATIONAL JOE DAY OH MY GOSH. Look it up I promise it's real.

- Most people in can say Karou's name without any problem. However, since they live in a small town where you usually see the same people everyday, and everybody knows everybody, lots of people have taken to calling him Cherry.

- There's also a group of elderly Hawaiian woman who call him Ākala, which literally just means "Pink," lol

- Kadence already had her name when Kojiro and Kaoru got her, and Kojiro doesn't remember the woman he made her with, so they don't know if their daughter was named after someone or if her name has any specific meaning at all.

- Reki also had his name when they adopted him, and even though you can change a baby's name once you adopt them, they decided not so since it seemed inconsiderate.

- They named Miya what they named him, mostly because Kaoru always thought the name Miya was cute.