Pride Of Life

Aiza attends her first Pride event.
————— ୨୧ —————

The Kikuchi-Shindos had first heard of their town's yearly Pride festival from Aiza's school. Her homeroom teacher explained to the students that it was one of the year's biggest events, with a huge parade, live concerts, and lots of food and games,

Plus, all profits made from the booths and admission went to different LGBTQ+ organizations nationwide.

However, her interest wasn't just in the festival itself, it was also about the fact that this would be her first Pride event ever. She'd never been to one, despite having two fathers and being gay herself.

So let's just say, Aiza was VERY excited.

"C'mon, hurry!" The teenager exclaimed, jumping out of the car as soon as it had stopped moving, rocking back and forth on her heels impatiently as her parents got out of the vehicle as well.

"Aiza! Slow down!" Her Dad called out behind her, and Aiza turned to see her Dad's green eyes filled with amusement, as her other Dad put his heart-shaped rainbow sunglasses (Aiza was wearing a matching pair) on his head.

"Listen to your Dad, Sawa," The blue-haired man told his daughter, "One day you're going to get yourself lost, and I for one will not make an attempt at finding you."

"That's not true," Aiza replied with a smirk, and her father smirked back, "You're correct."

Then, the man smiled brightly at his daughter as he placed a hand on her shoulder, "I can't believe we've never taken you to a Pride event before this, Petal!"

Aiza shrugged, "It's not you guys' fault," She reassured her father.

"I know, but I still can't help but feel at least a bit guilty."

Aiza's dad came up beside the pair, putting his own hand on her father's shoulder, "Well, we are here now, so let's enjoy it."

— — - — —

The blue-haired girl's head whipped around every which way, ruby-red eyes finding another thing to focus on every few seconds as the family strolled through the festival.

Everything, absolutely everything was decorated in rainbow colors. Streamers hung from tropical trees, and balloons were attached to different booths and stands. Even the concrete under their feet was decorated with chalk drawings done in every color imaginable.

At the center of the festival, there was a huge lawn with a stage set up at the far end. A band played as groups of people sat on picnic blankets. Children ran around with kites and bubble wands. The sounds of music and idle chatter filled the air.

The air. It was almost like it was alive, buzzing with a lively energy Aiza had never felt anywhere else. The smells of various foods also wafted through the air, each scent just as tantalizing as the last as they walked through the food stands.

The Pride festival was the location of many of the Kikuchi-Shindo family's firsts: Aiza's first funnel cake (She ate half of it all by herself), and her dad's first time playing a carnival game (He won her father a huge stuffed Panda in a game of ring toss, which the other man was over the moon about).

The parade hadn't started yet, so the three of them decided to stroll around the festival until it did. Aiza was engrossed in taking in her surroundings and munching on the spicy chicken wrap she'd purchased from a food stand. In fact, she was so engrossed in these things that it wasn't until a LOT later that she noticed her parents were nowhere to be found.