Butterflies

Letting a faint giggle emerge my lips, I throw the fry at my fiancé's face laughing. Lunch dates from the team, like this very one, was always the best thing ever. Seeing his dashing smirk stare at me, made my heart melt and my nerves bundle in my stomach like butterflies. "What?" Jay squeaks out a little clearing his throat.

Shaking my head, I just smile even more. "Nothing." I reply cleaning my hands off with the napkin.

"I know you, better than you think." Jay smiles. "What's on your mind gorgeous?" He questions.

"I am just honestly thinking, how lucky I am." I reply to him. "I mean in a few weeks we're going to be married. I have an amazing job, and get to work with my dad and future husband." I laugh. "I am just very lucky." I tell him.

"As I am lucky, for being with your gorgeous ass." Jay laughs out sipping his water. "Alright babe, I am going to go pay and we'll head out." He smiles getting up.

I nod my head to him as I watch him to go pay for our lunch. Taking a sip of my tea, I get up from the table. Grabbing my coat, I slip into it as I walk to where Jay is waiting in line to pay. "I need to use the bathroom while you're paying." I tell him softly pecking his cheek.

Seeing him nod, I walk toward the bathrooms. Walking into the women's, I got to an empty stall. Slipping inside I do my business, and flush. Walking out, I wash my hands while checking my makeup and tugging my ponytail back into place. Sighing a little, I walk out seeing Jay paying. Walking over, I stand with him as he finishes up.

It doesn't take us very long to walk out and to his car. Slipping into the passenger side, I pull my door close. Buckling up, I watch Jay do the same and make the car come to life with one click. Leaning into the seat, we pull out heading for the station. Before we can even make it close, a call comes out. "We're close." I tell him.

"Call it in." Jay replies flipping the emergency lights for cops on.

Grabbing the radio I call in our number, alerting them that we're close. Hearing them say about backup five minutes out. I lay the radio down, as we pull up on the scene. Pushing the door open, I get out shutting the door. Walking towards the building, a young woman rushes towards me blood on her hands. Seeing the wound on her side, a frown form. "Are you alright, miss?" I ask.

"No." She cries out, terrified. "He's gone crazy. He has my son upstairs." She cries louder shaking.

"Ok, ok." I reply softly to her.

Seeing the team arriving, I watch them go in, as I wait for medics to arrive. It isn't long till Gabby and Sylvia are rolling up, and taking the woman. Rushing towards the building I stop hearing yelling and gunfire. My heart dropping into the pits of my stomach, as I take and rush inside and up towards the team. Seeing my dad the first one coming out, he shakes his head.

It isn't long till Adam is carrying a little boy out, and rest of the team is following out. Sighing in relief at Jay, I walk over hugging him tightly to feel his arm around my waist. "I am fine, I promise." He whispers.

"I know." I reply. "I just—" I shrug.

"I know, I do as well." He says quietly.

The two of us making our way down the stairs and out of the building. I hold to him as we take and head back to the station to do reports, and wait on word for the victim and son to make sure there isn't anything else we might have missed.