Awful Gut Feeling

Jay

Pushing my sleeve back a little, I glance at my watch. Glancing around the room, it had taken Avery a lot longer to get some air. My gut was telling me something was off, something was very wrong. Quickly getting to my feet I walk towards the stairs jogging down them. Getting to the main floor, I walk over to the circular desk real fast, "Trudy." I look at the woman."Yeah?" Trudy turns giving me her motherly worrying look."Have you seen Avery?" I question her."Not since she went up earlier. Why?" Trudy asks weary, worry already lingering her voice."Shit." I let it escape my voice with a sigh as I push off the desk.Running for the main doors, I hear Trudy shouting my name, and curs words underneath her breath. Getting onto the streets, I glance around quickly. Not seeing my fiancé, the fear sets in, "Damn it." I mumble running to the side street.Looking down at the pavement, I see something very unusual. Skid marks, that were fresh. Kneeling down, I stare at them seeing they peeled out of the alleyway. Quickly getting to my feet, I run down to the end, hoping for some light of hope, but nothing. "Jay!" Trudy shouts at me as I turn from my spot staring at her."What?" I shout jogging back towards her."You need to see this." Trudy replies motioning me to her.Jogging to her, I stop as I see her holding Avery's shattered phone. Gently taking it, the screen was shattered. "It was laying right here." Trudy points to the place. I manage to get it on, and type her code in. Seeing a video call had been going on from an unknown number. Staring at Trudy, she instantly takes the phone from me, "I am taking this up to let them run the number. I am putting an APB out." Trudy informs me. "You need to get your ass up to the Intelligence unit, and tell Hank." Trudy tells me before disappearing.The fear sinking in, I knew what had happened. Running a hand over my face, I look around frowning. Walking back inside, I make my way up to the intelligence floor looking seeing everyone staring. Hank is first up in my face, as I stare at him. "What the hell is going on?" Hank asks."Avery's missing." I stare at the group unsure of what to do at this point.