Challenging Smirk

Pulling into a vacant parking area, I turn my truck off and sit there a moment. Gripping to the steering wheel, and the young woman on my mind. I couldn't help, I just wanted to find that monster. Give him a dose of his own medicine he'd done to her. Sighing softly, I grab my keys, purse, and phone, getting out. Shutting the door, I lock it as I head inside of the café I was meeting up with the girls. Seeing them already sitting at a big table, I giggle smiling as I point to the table when the hostess asks me.

Walking over, I take my seat, sitting my purse down at my feet and laying my phone on the table. Smiling at my friends, I see them grinning before Karen squeals out in delight. "I can't believe we're just a few days away." She smiles happily.

"Neither can I." I reply. "It seems so unreal. My nerves are beginning to get to me." I admit.

"Oh honey, don't be." Maggie smiles. "Jay has loved you ever since we all can remember." She reminds me.

"Plus, we know he has no eyes for anyone else but you." Brett smiles.

"I know." I smile at them.

"So stop worrying. It's your day, and you'll be gorgeous, and you'll be marrying your prince charming, FINALLY." April smiles.

I blush giggling as I see Kim patting my back laughing. "I swear, when you guys get married. I am going to torment you all." I tell them.

"Oh please. If we didn't torment you, who would?" Karen smirks.

"Very, true." I reply.

Ordering our food, we mingled and talked about the wedding in two days. Knowing that we had our final fittings, in a couple hours. I couldn't wait for the two days to pass. Seeing the waiter bringing out some of the food, I see him look towards me, and the look. It just gave me the creeps, something I couldn't place. Watching him walk back towards the kitchen. I twist my engagement ring taking in a deep breath. It wasn't long till he returned with April and mine's food. Seeing him sit hers down, I watch him closely go to sit mine in front of me. "Anything else, ladies?" He questions.

"That's all." I reply.

I see him nod, with a small smirk. Before he takes leave and disappears. Shaking my head, I begin eating my food and laughing at some of the things the women are saying around the table. Slowly glancing towards the kitchen area, I notice the waiter staring right at me. Feeling the creepy fear hitting, I clear my throat pushing my plate away. "Something wrong honey?" Maggie questions.

"Just not that hungry. I'll meet you ladies at the bridal store." I tell them.

Seeing them all eye me, I shrug it off before grabbing my bag and walking to the front. Paying for everyone's meals, I quickly walk out. Rushing to my truck, I stop painting for a little air. Ransacking through my bag, I try to find my keys. "Crap." I mumble to myself letting out an aggravated sigh escape my lips.

"Missing something?" A male voice questions.

Slowly turning around, I see the man from earlier. The fear over taking my mind, I stand there. "Um." I say softly seeing him give me a playfully, but challenging smirk.

"Are these your keys?" He questions me.

I simply nod as he hands them out for me to take. Quickly taking the keys, I unlock my truck. Getting in quickly, I lock the door before backing out and leaving. Heart racing and pounding into my ears. I let a shaky breath escape my lips heading for the bridal shop.