It's Over

Slowly walking into the hospital room after everyone had piled out to give me time. I stand in the doorway for a second looking at my fiancé. She was hooked up to so many machines. Her skin was bruised badly, from the accident. Eyes shut tight, and the machine breathing for her. Slowly walking over, I take a seat beside the bed, taking her hand slowly into my own. Holding on to it, I look up at her and frown. "I am going to get this piece of shit, Avery. I'll make him pay for this." I pause staring at her. "Just please come back to me." I beg her slowly leaning over kissing her cheek.

After a few long moments, I get up and take a breath. Walking out of the room, Maggie gives me a hug as I return it. "If anything changes, I promise to call. I'll sit with her as long as we're not swamped in the ED." She promises.

"Thanks Maggie." I tell her patting her arm before walking off.

It was time to get to work on finding, Spencer. And making him pay for what he'd done to my fiancé.

Following Day

It'd been twenty-eight hours since the accident had happened. Seeing Hank on edge, my own edginess matched his. The longer it took us, the longer Spencer could long gone from Chicago. "Alright, we have the APB out on the car. Out on Charnas." Trudy says stepping onto the floor looking between Hank and I.

"Alright, good." Hank replies from his computer in his office.

"Any hits?" I question Trudy from my own desk staring at my screen.

"None yet, but hopefully—" She stops seeing Kim running up the steps, and into the area.

"We got a hit!" Kim screams out waving the paper. "Three blocks from here, on West End." Kim tells us. "Car matches the one he was in the night of the accident, and a lady said she saw him entering an abandoned house." Kim states.

"Let's roll." Hank says coming out of his office ready.

Getting up I follow alongside my soon to be father n law. It doesn't take us long to get to the location, as we all exit our vehicles. The car was still there, and hopefully he was as well. Getting my gun, I get it ready as we all part ways. Hank, Kevin, and I going to the front. The rest of the team going to the back. Listening to the countdown, it doesn't take us long to kick in the door.

"CHICAGO PD!" Hank shouts out.

Checking the rooms, on the lower floor there isn't anything. Being quiet, we hear something upstairs. Quickly making my way up the stairs, I search the rooms fast, stopping at the last one. I bolt inside seeing the prick sitting there smirking. Holding a knife in his hand, a woman between his legs, as he has the knife to her throat. "I won't go without a fight." He warns.

"Let the woman go, Charnas. It's over." I tell him.

"It isn't over, till I fucking say so." He snickers. "You think this is the end? Nooo." He coos out laughing like a mad person.

Hearing a gun shot go off, I see him drop the knife, as the woman runs for Kevin. Rushing over, I forcibly throw him to the floor, and cuff him. "It's over." I tell him yanking him up as we head out to the vehicles to get his arm fixed, and then to the prescient to book this prick.