Letter And A Rose

Arriving at the dress shop, I park my truck and sit there a moment gripping to the steering wheel. Letting a faint sigh emerge from my lips, I slowly kill the engine and get out. Locking my truck up, I walk towards the entrance seeing my mother there waiting with a smile. "I thought the ladies would be with you." She smiles.

"I left them to eat. I wasn't very hungry." I reply to her shoving my shaky hands into my coat.

"What's wrong, Avery?" Katherine asks.

"Nothing mom, just a little tired." I lie. "Plus my nerves are starting to get to me. Three days away, and all." I give her a light smile.

Seeing her walking over and putting her hands on my shoulders. I stare into her eyes, as she smiles. "Avery Liza Voight." Katherine begins. "Jay Halstead has loved you ever since you joined the team. Even before them, when you first met him." Katherine laughs. "We all knew you two would end up together. So don't be nervous, that man loves you more than anything." Katherine smiles kissing my cheek.

"I know mom." I smile at her.

"Now, come sit, we'll have something to drink while waiting on your friends." Katherine smiles.

Nodding my head, I walk with her as I sit down beside of her. Seeing the woman bring us a glass of wine, I nod my head smiling. Holding the cup, I hear a bell as I turn to see no one there. Shaking my head, I turn back to my mom talking not realizing the man from the café, had followed me to the bridal shop. "So has he ever mentioned the honeymoon?" Katherine asks.

"No, he says it's a surprise." I smile at her.

"Not even one detail? Or anything." She laughs.

"No." I laugh. "He told me last night, he had me all packed and ready." I smile blushing.

"Ain't he just the charmer." Katherine laughs.

"Or so I have been told a many of time." I smile hearing the bell and laughter entering.

Turning a little, I see my grandmother, Trudy, and all my friends walking in. Smiling at them, I get to my feet hugging my grandmother and Trudy as the women in the shop bring out everyone a glass of wine. Smiling I sit mine down, as I walk with the lady to the dressing area to do the final fitting, after all the alterations to my dress.

Little bit later, I step out onto the little runway and twirl around hearing the gasps and awe's. Smiling I stop seeing my mom tearing up as she cups her hands over her mouth. "What?" I ask looking at everyone.

"You look like a true princess." Katherine smiles.

"Out of a fairytale." Karen smiles.

"Thank you." I smile tearing up.

It wasn't long till I was out of my dress. Everyone else tried on there's as we left parting ways. It wasn't long till I was the apartment and walking in. Setting the alarm, I walk through to the kitchen as I put my things up. I knew Jay had his bachelor party tonight, so I was alone till he came home. Sighing, I shrug out of my coat as I see a strange note on the counter, with a single rose. Looking around the apartment, I bit my lip thinking it might had been Jay.

Opening the letter, I stop seeing the words on it. [i]Soon, you'll be mine. Forever! -Admirer.[/i] Laying the letter down with shaky hands, I grab my phone calling my dad immediately. Hearing his gruff voice, and music. I mentally smack myself. "Ave, what's wrong?" He asks.

"Um, I know you're at Jay's party." I reply softly. "I need you, daddy." I whisper scared.

"I'm on my way." He says ending the call.

Nearly twenty minutes later, I open the door as my dad steps in. I show him the letter, and rose as he collects them as evidence. Frowning, I had no idea what was happening. But at this point, I was terrified of what could happen.

____________________________________________

Avery's Dress:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_eFdqSGVcxw/UoM8-_q-0VI/AAAAAAAAKa4/oQR2zl80gak/s1600/H189.2-mygowndress.blogspot-bridal+wedding+gown%252Cbridal+evening+gown%252CROM+dress%252Cbridesmaids+dress%252Cdinner+dress.jpg

Bride's Maid Dresses:

https://media.glamour.com/photos/5695fe9893ef4b09520fa58c/master/pass/weddings-2014-06-1-vintage-style-bridesmaid-dresses-0617-main.jpg

Maid of Honor Dress:

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1h1F_QVXXXXcjapXXq6xXFXXXV/hot-2017-Mint-Vintage-Short-Lace-Modest-Bridesmaid-Dresses-Cap-Sleeves-Knee-Length-Rustic-Wedding-Party.jpg

Flower Girl Dress:

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB19XmQOpXXXXabapXXq6xXFXXXh/Vintage-Powder-Blue-Flower-Girl-Dresses-for-Weddings-2017-U-Backless-High-Quality-Cap-Sleeve-Lace.jpg

Groom & Grooms Men:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8c/f8/32/8cf832f45de3235312f9ffedec5d7a32.jpg

Mother of the Bride:

https://www.marysbridal.com/uploads/items/MB8003-1.jpg

Father of the Bride:

https://www.dressforthewedding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/June-Bayside-2.png

**AUTHOR NOTE:**
Comments? Thoughts?