Clouded Mind

Hank

Once Trudy pulled up outside of the ER entrance. I push my door open and bolt out of the vehicle. Knowing Jay was on my heels, I rushed in and stopped in the ER area. Seeing April and Maggie staring at the two of us. I watched the two run over to us, and it was like in a slow motion. Hearing Maggie saying something, I wasn't sure what she was saying. I was trying to read her lips. Understand what she was saying. But I couldn't focus my mind. I couldn't find anything in me to focus on anything. But the fact my daughter maybe dead, due to some psycho that had been obsessed with her.

"Hank!" April shouts causing me to snap back to reality.

"What?" I look at her.

"Do you sign off on this?" April asks staring at me.

"Sign off on what?" I ask.

"The surgery, honey." Maggie says soothingly. "If they don't do it, she'll die within the next hour." Maggie rubs my arm looking at me.

I nod my head, seeing Jay nodding his head. "Go ahead. Do whatever you need to do to save my daughter." I tell them.

"We'll do whatever it takes." April promises running off.

Feeling Maggie helping me to the waiting area. I take a seat and sigh heavily, as Jay sits beside of me. Seeing Maggie walking off, I sit there running my hands over my face. Not sure of the outcome, or what will happen. All I could do at this point, was hope and pray. Pray that Avery pulled through this. Pray we found that bastard, and gave him a dose of his own medicine. Leaning back I knew it was going to be a long night, and knew our team would be there before long.