18.

"Yes boss sure. Yeah" said Y/n through the phone. She was on the chair resting her feets on Kai's lap. Kai was working on his laptop hearing her talks alongside. Suddenly his lips curved into a naughty smile. He started to tickle her feet. Y/n can't help but to control her laughter while talking with her boss but it didn't last longer.

"Yes boss hahahaha-I'm so sorry haha I'll...haha..talk to you...later boss" she hang up instantly giving a playful slap on his hand.

"Why did you do that?"she asked with a  furrowed face

"You were so involved in talking that you forgot to give me my morning kiss" he complained like a child. You chuckled at this. It's really rare when he is like this. You always thought of him as a tough guy but turns out he actually have a hidden soft side. And this made you love him more.

"Your boss is very annoying Y/n. Why don't you just join my company? We can be together you know" he asked hopefully

"Thanks Mr. Hiwatari but I love my job" you winked at him. He left a sigh. You got up and kissed him.
Kai watched you go back to the couch and then turned back to work. You continued to read the novel you left unfinished earlier. An hour later you heard the sound of cracking of knuckles. You turned back to see a tired Kai adjusting his position to relax. He's been sitting in that same chair for about 3 hours working continuosly. He lifted his aching arm trying to comfort himself when you approached him. You gently placed your hands on his shoulders and started massaging his aching shoulders. He leaned over the chair while you continued.

"You should take a break Kai. It's been a straight 3 hours you know" you said to Kai. He just smiled as a reply. He pressed his cheeks over your hand.
Neither of you couldn't even believe that how things have changed. It's like a magical change. It started with hate but ended in love.

----------------------------------

*Ding dong*

"Who can it be?" Y/n thought while heading to the door. She was surprised when she opened the door.

"Mom? Dad?" A huge smile spread wide on her face. She hugged them and they hugged her back all smiling happily.

"I've missed you guys so much!"she exclaimed. She looked around and asked in a confused tone.

"Where's Linda?"

"Oh she didn't came. She's having an important exam tomorrow so she said she'll stay and study. She'll be staying at her friends house tonight" replied her mom.

'I bet she's playing video games ' Y/n thought and led her parents in.

"Where's Kai? I haven't met him after your marriage"asked her Dad

"He is at work Dad."

"But it's Sunday."

"I know Dad. He's working overtime today. Don't worry he'll come soon." Her Dad sighed and Y/n gazed at him.

"Dad he's having a new project so he's working on it. True he used to ignore me and all but trust me Dad he have changed.  Love won't happen in a single day Dad, it takes time to understand and to accept each other. Sure he doesn't get a lot of time to spend with me but it doesn't mean that he doesn't love me. He really cares for me Dad. He really loves me. And I'm really happy with him Dad." Y/n reassured.

"If you're happy with him I'm too child but I'm just worried"

"I know Dad but you don't need to"

"What are you making for dinner Y/n?" Asked her mom trying to change the subject.

"Since you guys are here I'll make something special  but I haven't thought about it yet" she laughed embarrassingly. Then they heard the door open revealing Kai.

"Hey son it's been a long time" Her Dad greeted. Kai was surprised to see them but he replied back after giving a confused look to Y/n.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir. I'm really happy to have you here" her Dad chuckled.

"No need of formalities my child you can call me as father. Afterall you're now a part of our family too" he smiled and Kai nodded respectfully. They sat down.

"So Y/n said you were working on a new project. How's work going on?"he asked

"Everything's going well sir-er I mean father. This project will be our biggest project till now" Kai replied slightly tensed. The conversation went on.

"Tada I've made your favourite meal" saying this Y/n placed the food on the table.

"It smells delicious"

They all started eating. They talked about normal things and the dinner table was full of laughter and happiness.

"Pumpkin you should add some more masala to the chicken. It's not spicy enough" her mom pointed out.

"Mom stop calling me that!" She exclaimed while Kai chuckled softly. She glared at him.

"Why? You're a grown up for others but for me you'll be always my little baby. " her mom smiled.

"Do you remember when you were little you used to have a doll. You used to treat it as your baby. I still remember how you used to feed and bath it. And making new new dresses for it." Her mom laughed gently

"Yeah and do you remember she used to push us to the end to lay all her dolls on the bed. " Her dad joined and laughed.

"Mom stop it!" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows.  Kai was trying his best to suppress his laughter while glancing at y/n's glares send to him.

--------------------------------

"You guys can sleep here tonight" y/n said to her parents while showing them the room.

"Good night" she said. As she was walking back to her room,someone pulled her into the darkness. She realised it was Kai.

"So pumpkin have you missed me?"he asked with a smirk.

"Hey don't call me that!" She protested.

"You look so cute when you're angry pumpkin" he said pinching her cheeks gently. She pouted and smiled. She cupped his cheeks.

"You really love to tease me" she said

"Yep a lot" he replied. She gently fisted on his chest and placed a small kiss on his lips.

______________________________________

A/N: I'm really sorry for being so late with the update. Hope you guys liked it. Please

*Vote* *comment* *Share*