Chapter 16

****PLEASE READ!****

Hey! So I don't want to be annoying but...

I LOVE COMMENTS!!!!!!

Please, please, please comment! Let me know what you're thinking of the story! It always makes me so happy reading everybody's comments! :)

It also wouldn't hurt to vote;) Enjoy!

Chapter 16

Fern sat frozen as she felt Jay's lips crushed upon her own, her eyes wide open in shock. She couldn't kiss back, so she sat awkwardly as Jay tried to get the kiss going but failed. Yet he still tried as his lips came down on hers again, this time more rough, almost needy. Fern couldn't take it any longer as she grabbed Jay's shoulders trying, yet short of success to shove him off of her.

“Jay please. Stop.” Fern's voice squeaked as she mumbled from under his unloving, demanding lips. This was not how kisses should be. They should be tender, full of care, yet passionate at the same time. Fern panicked as she felt adrenaline kick in her mind. Before she knew what she was doing she took all her force and shoved him to the ground. She stood up as she looked at a very shocked Jay, frozen on the ground.

“I said stop.” Fern growled as she narrowed her eyes into a glare, her lips formed into a snarl. Fern turned only to feel a hand grab forcefully on her wrist to stop her from leaving. She felt adrenaline cloud her mind again as Jay brought her into a hug, desperate to keep her where he wanted. Fern pushed against Jay's chest, his grip around her waist keeping her in place.

“Fern. I've liked you since the first time we met, please just let me show you how I feel about you.” Jay pleaded, his grip around her waist growing tighter, almost seeming like he was afraid that she would disappear into thin air. Fern shook her head repeatedly, not allowing his words to process in her mind. She only liked him as a friend. She only pictured him as a protective older brother, nothing more. Fern's eyes widened slightly as she let out a little whimper, seeing Jay start to lean down towards her again.

“Get away from me!” Fern shouted, her voice almost shrill from panic. Just as Jay's lips were about to touch down on her own she heard a familiar voice shout from behind them, the voice obviously angry.

“I would do what she says.” Aden growled, venom oozing out of every word he said. Fern felt Jay's arms fall from around her, Aden's sudden appearance shocking him. She took the opportunity to tear herself away from Jay's possessive grip and run into Aden's protective one. Fern cried into Aden's chest, the sudden events finally catching up in her mind. She could feel Aden's shirt becoming wet from her tears but it seemed as if he didn't care as he cooed soothing words into her ear, rubbing small circles on her trembling back. Fern calmed down enough to look up at Aden through her tears. His gaze was focused on Jay, anger glinting in his eyes as his lips were turned up into a sneer. Fern froze as she heard footsteps nearing them, Aden's arms tightening protectively around her. Fern jumped slightly as she felt a hand grab her shoulder, trying to pry her out of Aden's tight embrace.

“Don't touch her.” Aden seethed as he swiftly moved Fern behind him so he could look at Jay, or look down on him seeing as Jay was a good 3 inches shorter than him.

“Just let me-” Jay sneered, as he clenched and unclenched his fists in anger.

“You don't need to do anything Jay. I've seen enough.” Aden snapped. The way Aden said Jay's name sent chills down Fern's spine, his anger frightening her. She'd never seen him this angry before. Fern heard Jay growl before a loud crunch sounded. Fern held in a scream as she watched Jay fall to the floor, his body lifeless. He was unconscious. Aden rubbed his swollen hand as Fern felt him wince slightly before turning around to face her, the anger still evident on his face. As soon as Aden looked down at Fern his face softened slightly.