Chapter one: the suprise

It was a normal morning, sitting around in the superhero HQ, Clay didn't mind the fact he had to wear his costume whenever he was inside the building (unless he was sleeping which he technically is now or well meant to be), the hero tower was connected to a main building which mainly contained the control Centre and the rooms which the hero's stayed in, along with a kitchen for them to eat from.

He was lounging around in his room, watching the tv waiting for something interesting to come on. Maybe he was just bored because the city hasn't had much crime happening that the police couldn't handle and he was just sitting in a room waiting for work to call.

Clay, more commonly known as one of the top two super heroes; Dream has medium-ish dirty blonde hair and emerald green mixed with a swampy colour, coloured eyes. He was pale but was also somewhat naturally tanned, as if he spent days out in the sun but he really hadn't it was his natural skin tone.

Clay was toned of course he has to be, he's a superhero, you could only tell he was at certain angles or when he had his shirt off, which it became more clear. Clay only had two friends, Nick who was also in the hero program and George who he had met when ordering a drink at a cafe in the poorer part of town.. What? They have the best cafes over that side.

Clay started to go to that café every day, twice a day for breakfast and lunch, he enjoyed talking to George. He was sweet. As Dream he made sure he didn't lead any villains over to that cafe and if he saw one enter he'd wait for them to leave with their drink or rush in after them to drag them out after they've been kicked out.

The blonde had met his friend, Nick while in the training program, which was more fun than people made it out to be, together they became the best in the program and no one could defeat them in the school which was a surprise and that continued onto work and now they were called the 'golden duo'.

Nick had helped Clay pick his hero name, it didn't fit with his power at all but it was nice. He had asked George one day about what he thought of villains.. His answer had taken the hero by surprise.

Dream had walked into the Silvermoon café in civilian clothes where the barista and the owner of the place knew him by his real name, Clay. It was a surprise that the owner had placed a chair at the counter for him and had his name literally put on it but it was also nice to know he would do something like this for him.

"Same as normal?" The Burnett asked softly, already handing the blond the strangely coloured clear plastic cup with a liquid inside it with whipped cream shredded chocolate on top of it.

"Aww Georgie woggie remembered my order!" Clay cooed, he loved flirting with him, it was funny to see how his face would flush and he'd grit his teeth to keep from yelling at the blonde while there were other people in the shop.

George rolled his eyes "don't call me that you Dream fanboy." He walked off to the other side to wipe down one of the coffee Machines which gave the hero a clear view of his ass of course he would take this chance to flirt.

He let out a low whistle "your ass be looking fine today baby." George froze, like literally mid movement like a villain had shot him with their ice powers or as if Medusa had turned him to stone.

In seconds he had turned around and slapped the hero "shut the fuck up clay, keep your eyes above the waist please.." he looked so flustered but Clay could see how the comment had made him uncomfortable.

"No more complementing your beautiful ass?"

"No more Clay.."

"Fine, sooo how about your hands?"

A laugh sounded from the Burnett "no, I'd rather you save your compliments for when you're at the strip club next."

Dream gasped did the barista really think that lowly of him? "I don't go to the strip club to pick people up!"