Chapter four: Rejection

Tommy had healed George's leg up that night once they got home, just enough so he'd be able to walk around without a clear limp. George was now tending to his cafe with one of his workers, Chai Abidras, a girl around the age of 18. she had shoulder length black hair and bright blue eyes, a few freckles were sprinkled over her face like sprinkles.

George liked her, not romantically of course. he liked that she was kind and that her power was useful compared to his, where if it became to much he'd freeze time and get the drinks done, then put them on the bench and call them out after he finished getting the next persons order, then again that was only when they were really busy.

That day they had a Villain stop in for some tea, a Lemon Frog which George had happily made for the man, after all no one wanted to piss off the 'Blade' or whatever the pink haired male called himself. He had gotten a large tip from the male, which would be going towards his siblings' school excursion at the end of the year where they got to go to the more wealthy side of town, where they got to explore the hero tower and everything.

They mainly lived off what they got from the cafe but they also lived off what they could steal while they were working or playing around. Dream was highly annoying half the time and never seemed to care about how buildings might get damaged or how someone could get hurt. That was one reason George disliked the hero other than the fact he was a huge dick to any villain he encountered.

He didn't mind that his best friend was a Dream fanboy, he enjoyed the playful fights they had about who won out of a battle between Dream and 404 or Dream and Siren, even though the villain was retired he still showed up every now and then to help them out so did the winged one, which everyone forgets the name of half the time, he was known as 'papa bird' amongst younger villains as he was the one who taught them everything..

Flame, clearly, is one of the disappointments of the 'family'.

That morning had gone by pretty peacefully, serving a few bobas, teas, hot chocolates and coffees, nothing from the specials or from the Villain inspired drinks. It was mostly just normal people who were inside the shop, doing whatever work they needed, then some minor, less known heroes and villains entered, chatting like good friends.

This was probably the only place heroes and villains could peacefully talk together and sort out problems, if they fought they would get hot water poured over their conjoined hands until they learned not to do whatever they were doing.. It works very, very well. He had once again survived the breakfast rush, now he had three to four hours, maybe five before the lunch rush.

They opened to the breakfast rush at five and six am so now they just had to wait until twelve pm when the lunch rush will start, it finishes around three thirty pm, right after one is when it gets the busiest, which means he and Chai would have to work their asses off for more than an hour, its okay between the breaks of Breakfast and Lunch only with a few highschoolers here and there, some college students stopping in for a snack or something then leaving.

But someone had decided that today was going to be more interesting than it should be. George is used to important, or well important-ish, people entering his shop. He doesn't really consider anyone other than family and friends important really. "Chai!" George called out, taking a drink from his bottle of water which he kept with him at the bar and cash register. "You can have a twenty-five minute break, thanks for helping me with the breakfast rush."

The girl smiled and nodded "Not a problem George, I'm always happy to help!" She walked behind the counter and made herself a 403 Birthday Cake drink and walked off, out the back so she could sit down and cool off in the alleyway where no one could disturb her on her break. it made George smile as he started to wipe down everything on the counter, each machine and the marble itself, he wanted to keep the place clean.