Tripping

Your POV

"Demi couldn't come today?" My friend Lauren asked loudly over the music.

"Nah, the party ran in with the plans they had earlier," I shouted back at her.

"Damn, that sucks," she said back to me. "It's not gonna be the same without 'em."

"I guess not," I shrugged.

"Let's not let that stop the fun," she smirked at me. "What I'm seeing are two gorgeous ladies over there on the dance floor. You might wanna get up on that," she said as she nodded in the direction of the dance floor.

I looked ahead of me and saw these two pretty girls dancing and moving along to the music.

One was tall and had shoulder-length, dark brown hair. Her hips were swaying to the beat of the music.

She was wearing a black thin-strapped tank top, showing a bit of cleavage.

The other girl was mid-height and had short blond hair the same length as the other, maybe a little shorter.

She looked to be of Asian descent. She was wearing a floral button-up, the sleeves cuffed and crisp.

They were both dancing at a close yet, separated distance, smiling and swaying along to the music.

I revealed a smirk and looked back at Lauren.

"Yeah!" She cheered. "You like what you see?" She smiled.

"Hell yeah," I said as I fixed my hair. "How do I look?"

"You look great," she replied.

"Okay, good. I'm goin' in," I said as I fixed my eyebrows.

"Alright. I'm coming with you," she said as she got up with me.

We went through the crowd of people and approached the dancing girls.

I subtly danced next to them, Lauren doing the same. Their attention went from each other to us.

"What's up, ladies?" I said as I smiled at them.

"Hey," the girl with dark brown hair said.

"I noticed you over here having a good time and I wanted to join. You got room for two more?" I smiled.

"Of course," she replied in a strong British accent.

"And may I have your name?" I asked as I looked at both of them.

"Dua," the brown-haired girl responded.

"Hayley," the blonde responded.

"Dua and Hayley. Gotcha." I repeated to them. "I'm Y/n."

"Well, Y/n, are you gonna introduce us to your friend?" Hayley asked.

"Lauren. Nice to meet you," she said as she leaned on my shoulder.

"Very pretty. Oh, and your name is too," Hayley winked.

"You got me with that one," Lauren chuckled.

"Now that we're acquainted, let's dance!" I said to them.

We danced until we were tired and decided to order more drinks. The girls we met were good at holding a conversation, making the night carry on pretty nicely.

I saw from the corner of my eye that Lauren pulled out a little white stick from her shirt pocket.

"I'm gonna go smoke, ok?" She yelled to me.

"You know what? I might come with you. I need to text Demi anyways. Can't think in all this noise," I said as I stood up. "'Scuse me, ladies," I said to the two girls.